6 people are interested
Have bookkeeping/treasurer skills?
ORGANIZATION: MOUNTAIN VIEW PIONEER & HISTORICAL ASSN
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
Have bookkeeping/treasurer skills? Want to help a local historical association?
The Mountain View Historical Association, founded in 1954, is seeking a skilled volunteer treasurer/bookkeeper. Help our non-profit, volunteer-run organization preserve and share the rich history of Mountain View, California. https://www.mountainviewhistorical.org/
The treasurer, which is a board position, receives payments for dues, makes deposits and keeps all financial information on Quickbooks. Prepares a written income and expense report on a quarterly basis for the Board of Directors. The treasurer prepares and furnishes all materials for the annual audit, in addition to filing annual forms with state and federal agencies. Board meetings are held eight times per year. The bookkeeping work can be done remotely.
Initially this position will require setting up the bookkeeping on Quickbooks to follow best industry practices. Other boards members will be available to help with this process. Once corrected, the bookkeeping/treasurer tasks will be minimal- making a few payments per month and processing in 5-10 donation/membership checks per month.
1 More opportunity with MOUNTAIN VIEW PIONEER & HISTORICAL ASSN
About MOUNTAIN VIEW PIONEER & HISTORICAL ASSN
POX 252, Mountain View, CA 94042, US
Founded in 1954, the Mountain View Historical Association is a non-profit, volunteer-run organization dedicated to preserving and sharing the rich history of Mountain View, California.
- To gather and preserve historical data relative to the settlement and development (including technology) of the area in and around the City of Mountain View
- To collect, record, edit, present and publish a history of this area through quarterly newsletters and public meetings and walking tours;
- To preserve historic objects and places;
- To cooperate with the city and other organizations in the Santa Clara Valley on projects related to regional and Mountain View history.
PO Box 252Mountain View, CA 94042
March 6, 2023
- Financial Planning
- People 55+
- one-two hours a week after the bookkeeping practices are established. Filing the annual state & federal forms will take several hours, as will preparing for the annual audit.
- A knowledge of Quickbooks is essential.