Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Tumaini Letu
The Grant writer's primary responsibility is to write coherent, organized, and compelling proposals. They will apply their knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach the organization's income goals. They will collaborate with team members to assist with other fundraising projects and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
To ensure success, the Grant Writer needs to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods, and be committed to the mission of Tumaini Letu. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.Grant Writer Responsibilities:
- Study and understand the organization's history, structure, objectives, programs, and financial needs.
- Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization.
- Submit proposals to grant coordinators for approval.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
- Collaborating with the Executive Director and the Head of Programs to send funders newsletters and to promote on-site visits.
- Collaborating with the Head of Programs to compile an annual report
- Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, creative writing, or a related area (master's degree preferred)
- A minimum of two years experience in grant writing
- Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process
- Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization
- Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
- Multitasking, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters with the utmost integrity
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8296 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Dzaleka Refugee CampM16Dowa, 100Malawi
March 6, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK