2 people are interested
Financial Monitor for Seniors!
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Description of the volunteer opportunity:
The financial monitor will keep track of the client's account quarterly. The financial monitor will work closely with the senior's bill payer and ensure that bills are being paid. In addition, the financial monitor will ensure that the client's cash benefits are spent appropriately.
Duties and Responsibilities of a financial monitor:
* Completes initial orientation/training and attends periodic meetings of volunteers.
* Performs tasks in accordance with volunteer code and guidelines.
* Monitors clients’ account activity quarterly by reviewing bank statements and completing a Client Monitor Checklist.
* Reports promptly any problems with client accounts to the program coordinator.
* Notifies the program coordinator in a timely way of any problems with assignments or planned absences from the program.
In addition, the monitor may also:
* Contact clients at least once a year to maintain an open line of communication and to ensure that bill payer services adequately respond to the client's current situation
Qualifications of a volunteer monitor:
* General knowledge of household budgeting and personal financial management.
* Accuracy in maintaining financial records.
* Patience and tactfulness; ability to work cooperatively with a wide variety of individuals, including people with significant physical and mental impairments and varying socioeconomic backgrounds.
Commitment of a volunteer monitor:
* Contributes approximately 10-15 hours monthly with a one-year renewable commitment.
4 More opportunities with Ethos
555 Amory Street, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130, US
Ethos promotes personal well-being, dignity and autonomy by delivering home and community-based care which supports family caregiving, fosters social interaction and reflects cultural diversity.
Ethos is a non-profit organization incorporated in 1973 (as Southwest Boston Senior Services) for the purpose of serving the elderly and handicapped of Roslindale, West Roxbury, southern Jamaica Plain, Hyde Park and western Mattapan. The agency provides approximately 4,000 people per year with services such as: case management, protective services, homemaker/personal care, transportation, congregate and home delivered meals and volunteer opportunities.
555 Amory StreetJamaica Plain, MA 02130
March 2, 2023
- Administrative Support
- Data Entry
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Contributes approximately 10-15 hours monthly with a one-year renewable commitment.