Graphic Design Agency Intern- 2023-2024 School Year - stipend position
ORGANIZATION: The Arc Minnesota & Arc's Value Village
Please visit the new page to apply.
This stipend eligible position is for the 2023-2024 school year and includes a $3000 stipend ($1500 each term); half paid at mid-point of & remainder paid end of term. The Graphic Design Agency Intern participates as a member of the marketing & communications team by applying and implementing skills in creative design for The Arc organization. Position includes, but is not limited to, editing and designing digital files for print and online modalities. Done in collaboration with and under the supervision of the Marketing & Communications Manager and the Director of Marketing.
- Design/develop fundraising, event, programmatic and thrift oriented print & electronic materials with deliverables & delivery schedule
- Implement designs on schedule while updating, evaluating and editing existing files
- Work with team members to conceptualize and develop graphics and designs
- Develop, recommend and implement compelling new campaign visuals
- Create, print and deliver designs for promotional pieces meeting quality standards
- Evaluate/report on strength of assets (designs);make recommendations based on review of competitors’ and best in class
- Research/recommend processes for on-demand and cross departmental marketing
- Design & content recommendations for The Arc’s websites; implement changes as directed
- Evaluate process effectiveness & makes recommendations for improvement
- Web and database related work along with other duties and projects as requested
- Other duties as requested
Professional Development Benefits:
- $3000 stipend ($1500 each term); half paid at mid-point of & remainder paid end of term
- Gain experience by applying design talent and knowledge that contributes to a nonprofit supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Gain a working understanding of the workflow, production requirements and creativity required to succeed in a graphic design environment
- Expand professional portfolio with a wide variety of design and production applications
- Demonstrate professional demeanor with multiple audiences
- Demonstrate skill in effective use of resources and time management
- Learn and incorporate The Arc’s core values of Human & Civil Rights, Self-Advocacy & Self-Direction, Equity & Belonging and Disability and Racial Justice
- Knowledge of media and electronic communication systems; must have demonstrated knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign and Photoshop specifically
- Knowledge of marketing and communications
- Demonstrate initiative & successfully work as a team member & independently
- Excellent problem solving & time management skills; must be action oriented
- Project management experience; can prioritize & multi-task in fast-paced environment
- Must possess excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Commitment to social, racial, disability and LGBTQ+ justice and their intersections
- Multiple language capabilities preferred but not required
- Pursing degree in Communications, Marketing, Graphic Design, Digital Arts or related field preferred
- 10-15 hours per week for the September 2023 - May 2024 time frame. Internship done remotely and/or in-person. Office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm with occasional evenings and weekends as schedule allows/if needed.
The Arc Minnesota is a statewide nonprofit organization that works to promote and protect the human rights of people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through statewide programs and services, we help people navigate systems while working to advance social change centered in justice, equity, and belonging in community.
44 More opportunities with The Arc Minnesota & Arc's Value Village3 Reviews
About The Arc Minnesota & Arc's Value Village
PO Box 64007, Saint Paul, MN 55164, US
The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities.
The Arc Minnesota is a statewide nonprofit organization that works to promote and protect the human rights of people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Arc helps people navigate systems while working to advance social change centered in justice, equity and belonging in community. Arc's Value Village is a public awareness and revenue generating vehicle for The Arc Minnesota. Arc's Value Village accepts clothing, housewares, art, media, books & related items and sells those items to the community.
The Arc Minnesota641 Fairview Ave NorthSaint Paul, MN 55104
March 10, 2023
- Basic Computer Skills
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training