Gala Support Intern- 2023-2024 School Year - stipend position
ORGANIZATION: The Arc Minnesota & Arc's Value Village
Please visit the new page to apply.
This stipend eligible position is for the 2023-2024 school year and includes a $3000 stipend ($1500 each term); half paid at mid-point of & remainder paid end of term. Two Gala Support Interns will work together to on various aspects of The Arc Gala’s event planning and execution (TBD, 2024); includes auction and corporate sponsorship. Will track and prepare auction packages; corporate sponsorships and individual giving solicitation. Will assist with guest experience aspects, guest registration; and other duties as assigned.
- Auction administration:
- Prepare solicitation letters, tracks donated items/donors/values, research new auction donors, assist with donor follow-up, prepare weekly donated items report
- Assist in auction package promotion, write package descriptions, photography and uploading them to our event planning software, Auction Harmony
- Corporate Sponsorship:
- Assist staff in researching to identify new sponsorship opportunities, track and maintain corporate table lists in event management software
- Update databases for corporate and individual contact information, table lists, relationship linking (company and guests)
- Event follow up:
- Send acknowledgments to attendees; write/collaborate on thank-yous, capture contact information from guests; maintain this information in our database
- Day of the event:
- Lead volunteers during the set up and break down of the silent auction
- Assist with set up of registration, including bidder name and nametag preparation
- Provide assistance for any aspect of event; i.e. table and centerpiece set-up/clean up; Wine Toss set up/break down; etc.
Professional Development Benefits:
- $3000 stipend ($1500 each term); half paid at mid-point of & remainder paid end of term
- Participates in planning/execution of a 600+ person event raising over $700,000,
- Understand complex day-to-day roles of nonprofit fundraising and donor engagement
- Learn Salesforce and detail-oriented data tracking for donations and event attendance
- Learn professionalism: relationship building, administrative skills, and communication skills
- Lead volunteers in an events-based context
- Learn and incorporate The Arc’s core values of Human & Civil Rights, Self-Advocacy & Self-Direction, Equity & Belonging and Disability and Racial Justice
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organization skills; attention to detail/accuracy a must
- Will work with and have respect for people of all backgrounds; in teams and independently
- Dependable and can keep information confidential
- Effective time management and problem solving skills; proficient computer skills
- Manages multiple priorities and follows a project through to completion
- Commitment to social, racial, disability and economic justice and their intersections
- Commitment to social, racial, disability and LGBTQ+ justice and their intersections
- Multiple language capabilities preferred but not required
- Sales, marketing, customer service, database or event experience helpful
- 10-15 hours per week for the September 2023 - May 2024 time frame. Internship done remotely and/or in-person. Must be available all day and night TBD, 2024 for The Arc Gala. Intern required to resume work January 8th up until the Gala and a few weeks after. Internship done remotely and/or in-person. Office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm with evenings and weekends as schedule allows/if needed.
The Arc Minnesota is a statewide nonprofit organization that works to promote and protect the human rights of people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through statewide programs and services, we help people navigate systems while working to advance social change centered in justice, equity, and belonging in community.
44 More opportunities with The Arc Minnesota & Arc's Value Village3 Reviews
About The Arc Minnesota & Arc's Value Village
PO Box 64007, Saint Paul, MN 55164, US
The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities.
The Arc Minnesota is a statewide nonprofit organization that works to promote and protect the human rights of people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Arc helps people navigate systems while working to advance social change centered in justice, equity and belonging in community. Arc's Value Village is a public awareness and revenue generating vehicle for The Arc Minnesota. Arc's Value Village accepts clothing, housewares, art, media, books & related items and sells those items to the community.
The Arc Minnesota641 Fairview Ave NorthSaint Paul, MN 55104
March 10, 2023
- Problem Solving
- Sales Process
- Customer Service
- Basic Computer Skills
- Project Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training