Social Media Coordinator for Women's Weaving Cooperative
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Trama Textiles
Trama Textiles is a 100% worker-owned women's weaving cooperative based in Guatemala, created to help local women receive a fair salary through weaving textiles. This cooperative is the perfect place to volunteer if you're creative, self-motivated, and interested in Guatemala's Mayan traditions.
Working directly with 17 weaving cooperatives, representing 400 women from five different regions, Trama Textiles' headquarters is in the beautiful highland city of Quetzaltenango (Xela). In Xela, we have a shop where the handwoven items are sold, and a weaving school offering hands-on classes for individuals wanting to learn about Guatemala's traditional weaving processes. We also sell our products online through our Etsy shop, as well as working with wholesale clients to fulfill large and custom orders.
The Social Media Coordinator will write, review and edit content for Trama Textiles’ social media channels. They will be responsible for coordinating social media activity, carrying out market research and analysis, and contributing to improving and refining our existing social media strategy.
- Post daily to all social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google), monitor all online activity and respond to any queries and conversations
- Coordinate, create and post compelling social media content across all social media platforms
- Monitor and analyse Trama Textile’s social media performance
- Execute, refine and develop the Trama Textiles social media strategy
- Stay up-to-date with developments in social media trends, tools, and applications, and use to develop Trama Textiles’ online presence
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with advanced English skills and at least intermediate Spanish
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of using social media for communications/marketing, including analytics and tracking
- Minimum 1 year professional or volunteer/intern experience in social media
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Self-motivation, creativity and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and take the initiative
- Enthusiasm for the values of Trama Textiles (fair trade, female empowerment, protection of cultural heritage)
- Ability to adapt to diverse cultural settings
- Some design and / or photography experience would be a plus, but is not necessary
Language/Cultral Support Available
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8447 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
3a Calle 10-56 Zona 1Quetzaltenango, QZ Guatemala
March 2, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, PART_TIME