3 people are interested
Kid's Care Support
ORGANIZATION: Sojourner Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
This position works directly with participants and their children, in partnership with the Children and Youth program by providing appropriate supervision and ensuring the care and wellbeing of participating children.
- Ensures and maintains a safe, warm and inviting environment.
- Engages in quality learning experiences and interacts physically through indoor/outdoor play.
- Provides positive guidance, emotional support.
- Teaches appropriate social skills, encourages fostering self-esteem, autonomy, personal power and encourages healing/growth.
- Discerns and prioritizes safety issues with children and adults. Takes appropriate action to create safety.
- Documents services in a timely fashion and in accordance with established guidelines
- including attendance, monitoring of health, well-being, and safety, activities offered.
06:00 PM to 07:00 PM
This opportunity is available Monday-Friday
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
4 More opportunities with Sojourner Center1 Review
About Sojourner Center
P.O. Box 20156, Phoenix, AZ 85036, US
Providing a continuum of multicultural services to individuals and families impacted by domestic violence in Arizona, while collaborating with the global community on education, research, and advocacy to end domestic violence
Domestic Violence Shelter
We are seeking Volunteers to support us in various areas of our shelter by donating their time and talents. We recognize the impact of domestic violence cannot be overcome without community collaboration and therefore we proudly operate a "shelter the community built". Please visit our website or sign up for a tour to learn more about our programs, the families we serve, and the mission we have committed to. Domestic violence affects every person in our society and you can do something to help those in need.
If you are in crisis or needing shelter please call 602-244-0089.
2330 East Fillmore StreetBuilding 10Phoenix, AZ 85006
March 1, 2023
- Youth Services
- Child Care
- Child Development
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Volunteers should be able to commit at least one day a week to a volunteer shift.
- In addition to standard background documentation, volunteers will need to obtain a TB Test, as well as a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card.