Board of Directors - Development Director
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Compathos Foundation
If you are a business development leader who is passionate about the arts, film, education and social innovation, we invite you to consider joining the Compathos Foundation (CF) Board of Directors (BOD) as a volunteer expert. New Board members will be engaged with the CF team in guiding the organization to its full potential and next stage of growth through vision, community building, fundraising, promotional activities, and participation in quarterly Board meetings. Board members are engaged in the success of the organization’s mission by stewarding future committees and programs and/or by taking on projects and action items that fit their areas of interest, experience and expertise.
The Compathos Foundation is seeking an experienced Development Director to direct its business development team (Brand Partnerships). The Development Director will support integrated marketing programs and seek additional revenue growth opportunities focused on corporate sponsorship. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated business development professional dedicated to achieving world-class results and providing exceptional client service. Tasks range from strategy and planning, reaching out to personal and professional contacts, sponsorship and donor prospects, and participating in sponsorship outreach for events.
Core initiatives include:
- Promotion and partner outreach for Films for the Planet's virtual events. Films for the Planet is a streaming online platform providing the best in environmental and social action films. Viewers gain access to the highest quality content for social impact, perpetual learning and community engagement as well as virtual film events that draw upon a network of luminary filmmakers and thought leaders with issue expertise.
- Business development and fundraising for select films and film related causes. Cultivate client relationships and integrate brand partners for Films for the Planet’s events and activations. Your experience recognizes unseen opportunities and uncovers potential sponsors and long-term partners, influencers, and talent.
- Build exceptional opportunities for current and potential partners that drive more revenue growth through marketing and documentary related initiatives.
- Contribute to ongoing strategy and client retention, supporting team colleagues with ideation, proposal development and budget projections.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum 8+ years of business development experience in either the for-profit and/or nonprofit fields. Nonprofit donor cultivation and success in securing corporate sponsorships and event underwriting is preferred but not required.
- Significant experience and a successful track record of building and maintaining relationships with customers/clients, ideally in a NGO development role. Applicants who bring experience in a a corporate account executive or account management role are welcome to apply.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience working on a nonprofit board preferred but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills - works well in a collaborative virtual team environment
- Self-directed and proactive brings strong organizational, and project management skills
- Support the mutual interests of partners and the Compathos Foundation
- Understanding of the fundamentals of event production, including the budgeting process. Prior virtual and/or live event experience is helpful.
- Able to commit to serve in this role on the Compathos BOD for a minimum of 2 years, with a preference of 3 year commitment.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8297 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
737 Salvia CourtEl Dorado Hills, CA 95762
March 1, 2023
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination