DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Director of Chapters
ORGANIZATION: BALLET AND BOOKS
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
ABOUT THE ROLE
Ballet & Books is seeking an entrepreneurial and innovative volunteer Director of Chapters to help guide the development and growth of our organization, improving our existing chapters and growing the number of participants in our programs. Reporting directly to the Program Director and Executive Director, this role will be responsible for managing a diverse team of volunteers, recent college graduates, and current college student leaders to execute Ballet & Books programming. This is an exciting opportunity that comes at a unique pivot point for the organization. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of leadership and commitment to our mission and to moving youth forward. Seeking an individual excited to dedicate volunteer hours toward supporting youth and building a dance and literacy movement.
Ballet and Books is a national, non-profit organization striving to reduce the literacy gap through the hybrid storytelling of dance and reading. In our extracurricular programming led by high school and college students, we provide 3-9-year-olds with an opportunity to improve their literacy skills through a combination of dance instruction and dialogic reading.
- Oversees Chapter Liaison (CL) and CL’s management of their designated chapter
- Meet biweekly with Chapter Liaisons and jumps in CL meetings with designated chapters when needed
- Oversees and maintains Google Drive folders for all chapters
- Work with Executive Director to decide on location for new chapter growth
- Lead growth of organization to different communities and Universities
- Work with Executive Director and Program Director to establish partnerships for chapters (set prior to start of
- new programs)
- Work with Executive Director and Program Director to connect with and prepare student leaders for new chapters
- Kickstart new chapters and once settled, connect with a Chapter Liaison
- Ensure effectiveness and efficiency of communication with Chapter Liaisons and student leaders when necessary
- This role will be part time at about 10 hours per week.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- You are invested in the success of others, and use positive and constructive feedback to coach your team to do their best work.
- You bring energy and enthusiasm to your work and the team. You motivate others to take on new challenges and achieve outstanding results.
- Adaptable : You can adjust easily to new circumstances and demonstrate flexibility in rapidly changing situations.
- Approachable: College aged and young leaders feel comfortable approaching you and asking you for advice and support.
- Resourceful : You know how to leverage the experience, expertise and work of others to overcome challenges and limitations.
- Self Motivated : You set your own goals and timetables to produce results, and can work independently to achieve success and realize potential.
- Strong Communication : Experience facilitating difficult conversations and appeasing conflict.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in the dance, literacy, or community service based industry (i.e. no bachelors degree but 3+ years with a community/nonprofit organization)
- Experience leading youth programming
- Experience in the dance industry
- Knowledge of non-profit industry
- Passion for improving equity in dance world
- Commitment to building youth up
More opportunities with BALLET AND BOOKS
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About BALLET AND BOOKS
3700 FALLENTREE LN, BLUE ASH, OH 45236, US
Through dialogic reading, we encourage a greater love of learning and reading skills improvement in 3-9-year-old students. Through dance, we foster a sense of confidence and leadership skills among both young children and college students. Through mentorship, we bridge the gap between universities and their community's youth. Through thoughtful representation, we embody the importance of diverse identities in dance.
Ballet and Books is a national, non-profit organization striving to reduce the literacy gap through the hybrid storytelling of dance and reading. We've helped nearly 400 children and student leaders since our founding and are on track to help over 100 more by the end of 2023.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 28, 2023
- Group Facilitation
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Background Check
- Must be at least 20
- Orientation or Training
- 10 hours/week