1 person is interested
Venue Experience Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
- Welcome visitors and provide them with directions and basic information
- Check for wristbands and inform visitors about museum policies as appropriate
- Help with the distribution and sanitization of listening devices for guided tours
- Notify Security regarding policy enforcement issues and emergencies
- An understanding of The Ringling’s policies and general information
- An outgoing and friendly disposition and the ability to communicate with diverse visitor populations
- Strong listening skills and problem-solving capabilities
- Flexibility and willingness to support staff and fellow volunteer colleagues in their roles
- Ability to stand and walk short distances for up to 3 hours
Venue Experience Volunteers must wear the Ringling-issued polo and khaki pants, slacks, or capris. Comfortable, closed-toe shoes are required. Open-toed shoes are not permitted.
All clothing and footwear should be in good condition and allow for freedom of movement.
Clothing should not display advertising, political viewpoints, foul language, or showcase any branding that doesn’t positively support FSU and The Ringling.
3 More opportunities with The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
About The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
5401 Bay Shore Rd, Sarasota, FL 34243, US
The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art serves as the legacy of John and Mable Ringling - a place of art, architecture and circus in an environment that inspires, educates and entertains.
The Ringling is the State Art Museum of Florida and is administered by Florida State University. It features an historic mansion, art museum, circus museum, historic theater and reference library, situated on sixty-six acres of bayfront property in Sarasota.
5401 Bay Shore Rd.Sarasota, FL 34234
February 28, 2023
- Visual Arts
- Critical Thinking
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training
- All Ringling volunteers are required to service a minimum of 25 hours per year to be considered active.
- Prior to beginning, individuals must participate in new volunteer orientation and assignment-specific training.