DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
TGIA Program Director
ORGANIZATION: Talented Girls in Action
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
1 person is interested
Talented Girls in Action/TGIA is an non-profit program that empowers girls to agents of change for their futures. TGIA serves girls between the ages of 12 and 18 that come from underprivileged communities through career readiness and character development curriculum as well as mentorship program. TGIA is a program that not only invests in girls' education but also gives them strategic tools to invest in themselves. Through our program we are motivating girls to appreciate their education, educating them to pursue career goals, strengthening them to be community supporters, teaching self-discipline to combat negative habits and inspiring them to be leaders.
Position: Program Director
Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with program staff, ensure evidence-based program design and implementation is in accordance with the TGIA mission, values, and core program elements
- Recruit, select, train, and evaluate volunteers. Provide overall supervision and counsel for programming volunteers and participants.
- Ensure staff engagement, support, and development including monthly scheduled mentor meetings, one-on-one meetings with volunteers directly, and assuring the implementation of TGIA programming goals and strategies.
- Establish, develop, and maintain relationships with partner schools and community organizations
- Monitor financial resources and manage program budgets.
- Integration of TGIA programs with overall TGIA operations in the areas of: Volunteer recruitment, management, and support Communication, both internal and external Resource development and management Evaluation and strategic planning
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strategic mindset
- Ability to multitask
- Problem-solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Mon Sep 18, 2023 - afternoon / 03:45 PM to 04:45 PM
- NONE OF THESE DAYS WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
2 More opportunities with Talented Girls in Action
About Talented Girls in Action
PO BOX 470334, Charlotte, NC 28247, US
Talented Girls In Action is a 501(c) nonprofit organization that exist to advance the next generation of young girls to operate at a standard of excellence in every aspect of their lives, by unlocking their unique potential as well as forming a life long passion for education. TGIA will incorporate discipline, integrity and acts of service into the curriculum to assist girls as they matriculate into the next chapter of their lives.
Talented Girls In Action is an after school program that exist to advance the next generation of young girls through a multifaceted curriculum, mentor-ship, individualized tutoring and enrichment opportunities.
We serve girls from the ages of 12 to 18 that come from disadvantage backgrounds. Our main initiative to encourage girls to come into confident possession of their own unique talents by transforming their underprivileged mindset and providing a new outlook into their academic future.
Many young girls are dealing with very challenging socio-economic issues that inhibit them from finding positive outlets for their time and energy.
Through TGIA young girls will be able to discuss their problems in a safe and nurturing environment where viable solution are provided for them to pursue. All the while developing a positive outlook for their futures and their self image.
538 Bradford DriveCharlotte, NC 28208
February 28, 2023
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Resource Development / Management
- During the off season 1 to 2 hours a week . During the 5 week program sessions 4 to 5 hours a week