DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Coach Savannah HS Students to Solve Real-World Problems!
ORGANIZATION: JA of Georgia (Junior Achievement)
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
3DE by Junior Achievement
3DE partners with national and local businesses to introduce the case method approach to public high schools, enabling students to connect their education to careers beyond the classroom.
Over a five-week span, students work in teams to craft a solution to an actual problem faced by a partner company.
Volunteer professionals enhance this learning model by bringing relevant experience and problem-solving techniques to student teams during the Coaching Sessions and Culminating Event of each case challenge.
- As a Business Coach, you will provide guidance to student teams midway through the case challenge; at this point, teams have been researching the case and are developing their unique solution into a formal presentation.
- As a Judge, you will attend the culminating event for the case challenge, evaluate/provide feedback on each finalist team’s presentation, and ultimately choose the winning team.
- A brief Virtual Training is scheduled for all Business Professionals. This 45 min session will provide you with background on 3DE and the case challenge, as well as provide helpful insights about how to work with students.
- All sessions take place in-person at Savannah High School in the 3DE classrooms.
- Case Competency: Creativity & Innovation
- Case Challenge Question: How can Delta Air Lines improve the gate experience?
- Note: No prior work experience with Delta is needed; Coaches act as a neutral sounding board to help students through the problem-solving process. Virtual Training resources will be provided in advance.
18 More opportunities with JA of Georgia (Junior Achievement)1 Review
About JA of Georgia (Junior Achievement)
275 Northside Dr. NW, Atlanta, GA 30314, US
Imagine a generation of students armed with the confidence and understanding to take control of their futures and equipped to achieve their dreams. Junior Achievement’s purpose is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy by redesigning education to make learning more experiential, authentic, and relevant to the real world.
TWO PROGRAMS TO GET INVOLVED:
1. Support GA Middle School Students - JA DISCOVERY CENTERS (JA BizTown or JA Finance Park): In a one day visit to JA BizTown or JA Finance Park, volunteers guide students as they progress through the interactive simulation to either help students run a business (JA BizTown) or help students budget as an adult for the day (JA Finance Park). JA BizTown and JA Finance Park provides middle school students with authentic and innovative learning experiences around professional business skills. There is no prior training or experience required, except volunteers must be 18 years or older.
- Downtown Atlanta - JA's Chick-fil-A Foundation Discovery Center
- Lawrenceville, GA - JA's Discovery Center at Gwinnett - next to Discovery High School
- Cumming, GA - JA's Mike and Lynn Cottrell Discovery Center
- Dalton, GA - JA Discovery Center of Great Dalton
2. Support GA High School Students - 3DE BY JA
3DE Re-engineers high school education through partnerships with the business community and school districts, creating a new model of experiential learning through real-life case challenges. Looking for skilled volunteers with knowledge of: CASE STUDY METHODOLOGY, PRESENTATION, POWERPOINT CREATION, CREATIVE PROBLEM SOLVING.
15 Different High School's around Greater Atlanta.
400 Pennsylvania AvenueSavannah, GA 31404
March 21, 2023
- Strategic Planning
- SWOT / GAP Analysis
- Business Planning
- Product Development
- Market Research
- Business Analysis
- Must be at least 24
- 1.5 hr time commitment