Governance Committee Member (Grants Task Force), Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation
The Seattle Animal Shelter Foundation (SASF) is looking for a volunteer (unpaid) Governance Committee Member to join our Governance team and support the Grants Task Force team! SASF is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit focused on raising critical funds for the Seattle Animal Shelter (SAS). We support programs at the animal shelter that the City of Seattle cannot fund on their own. Our all-volunteer board and committees are passionate about animal care and love giving back to our community.
The Grants Task Force is responsible for overseeing the organization’s grants program, including the development and implementation of grant-making policies, the review and selection of grant proposals, and the monitoring of grant awards.
The ideal candidate has a passion for making a positive impact in the community and is passionate about helping Seattle’s animals. This animal lover will be well-versed in the standard Microsoft suite of applications, including Word, Excel, andSharepoint. Attention to detail, self-organization, a can-do attitude, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small team environment are essential elements to this role.
- Attend and actively participate in Grants Task Force monthly meetings and provide input on strategic initiatives and other important issues.
- Review and evaluate grant proposals for the SASF Board of Directors to approve.
- Ensure that the organization’s grants program aligns with its mission and goals.
- Act as a representative of the Grants Task Force and participate in outreach activities to engage with potential grant applications from the SAS staff
- Provide ongoing monitoring and support of existing grants.
- Oversee compliance of grants including storing documents and saving all necessary legal documents.
Preferred qualifications among the following:
- Experience working with grant writing and grant approval is preferred but not required.
- Legal, HR, Administrative, or Operational experience in a business, non-profit, or team setting is required.
- Proven experience working with Microsoft Office 365, Word, and Excel.
- Operational efficiency mindset, can-do attitude, and willingness to wear multiple hats.
- Passion for animals required.
Time commitment: 3 to 5 hours per week, on average.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Please email your resume to SASF’s Recruiting Specialist, Denise Lin, at email@example.com.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8434 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Seattle, WA 98139
February 28, 2023