3 people are interested
Communications Committee Members
ORGANIZATION: The Service Board
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Are you looking for a way to use your marketing and storytelling skills? the Service Board is looking for community members to join their communications committee. tSB’s Communications Committee collaborates with staff to implement our social media and communications strategy and refine all public-facing storytelling around our mission for greater impact
Committee chairs and members commit to:
- Quarterly virtual meetings
- One additional hour per month (self-directed) assisting with research, content creation, photography, gathering youth and alumni stories
- Committee members are asked to volunteer to post scheduled content to organization’s social accounts at least once per month, as needed
- Committee members are asked to commit to a minimum 1 year (3 months for youth seat)
Committee Chair(s) Responsibilities :
- Provide leadership for the committee and assign roles where needed
- Create meeting agendas in partnership with staff
- Facilitate communication and discussion during the meetings
- Send out meeting and task reminders, action items, and agendas
- Staff co-chair creates monthly reports and gathers data on metrics
- Board co-chair communicates social media updates to the board
Committee Member Responsibilities :
- Serves in an advisory capacity to set and guide committee goals
- Attend and actively participate in meetings, contribute to discussion, and share ideas
- Participate in the development and implementation of the social media and communications strategy
- Research on best practices for social media for nonprofits
- Attend program and development events to gather pictures, videos, and quotes from youth, mentors, alumni, and staff
- An interest in assisting staff in creating or sharing content on social media platforms is preferred!
- Experience or interest in marketing and communications (social media, email marketing, website) is preferred, but not necessary
- Previous volunteer experience is preferred
- Ability to work both independently and with a team for common goals
- evening / 05:30 PM to 07:00 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
More opportunities with The Service Board
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Service Board
5290 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WA 98118, US
The Service Board empowers youth to overcome obstacles and build strong community through snowboarding, public service, and a curriculum of social justice.
History:Why tSB is what it is today
In 1994, a young snowboarder named Jay Bateman was killed in a tragic, drug-related murder. Community members saw this event as a call to action: no longer could we sit by while kids grew up absorbing messages of consumption and competition. A group of local activists decided to create a program where young people could come together to laugh, dream, think, and explore the true meaning of community: The Service Board was born. Hard work paid off, and in January of 1995 we opened our doors to high-school students from across Seattle.
In January of 2005, growing demand for tSB from students, parents, and schools led us to launch a second program based in the neighborhood of White Center, an area that is among the most culturally diverse in the region and has one of the highest per capita populations of young people. Due to budget constraints in 2011, tSB community made the decision to unite the South End and White Center programs. Although this was a difficult decision to make, we are excited about reconnecting the two communities during our programming while we plan for an expansion of programming in our future.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 27, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
- Marketing Analytics
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Community Outreach
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training
- Ongoing, meets first Tuesday of the month, every third month from 5:30pm-7pm