3 people are interested
RMH Reception Volunteer Needed
ORGANIZATION: Ronald McDonald House of the Greater Hudson Valley
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Purpose of Position:
Assisting the staff with receiving guests and phone calls. Directing guests and making them feel welcomed and comfortable. Provide support to the houseguests as needed.
- Provide an atmosphere of warmth and support by interacting with houseguests, providing information, answering questions and being an understanding listener (not counselor).
- Answer and direct incoming telephone calls.
- Greet, register, and assist visitors.
- Assist staff as needed with special projects.
- Accepting donations.
- Volunteer a minimum of one 4-hour scheduled shift a week.
- Shifts are every day of the week (8 a.m. - 11 a.m. & 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. & 2 p.m. - 5 p.m. & 5 p.m. - 8 p.m.)
- Volunteers are asked to consider shifts as a serious commitment, for a minimum of one year, with minimal absences.
- Must be 18 years old or older.
- Personable, patient, flexible and good communicator.
- Able to deal with the public in a helpful and supportive manner.
- Resourceful and able to work independently and in a team.
- Able to represent the house in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate respect for confidentiality.
- Sensitivity to families in crisis.
- Attend new volunteer orientation.
- Volunteers will be trained by staff and other volunteers during their scheduled shift.
- Will be provided with a volunteer handbook.
- Additionally, volunteer will receive training on check in system, referral taking, checking in and out.
08:00 AM to 11:00 AM
This shift is available 7 days a week, volunteers are asked to commit to one day a week.
11:00 AM to 02:00 PM
Shift is 7 days a week, volunteers are asked to commit to one day a week.
02:00 PM to 05:00 PM
Shifts are 7 days a week, volunteers are asked to commit to one day a week.
05:00 PM to 08:00 PM
Shifts are available 7 days a week, volunteers are asked to commit to one day a week.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
More opportunities with Ronald McDonald House of the Greater Hudson Valley
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Ronald McDonald House of the Greater Hudson Valley
Located at Maria Fareri Children's Hospital, 1 Woods Road, PO Box 299, Valhalla, NY 10595, US
Our mission at Ronald McDonald House of the Greater Hudson Valley is to provide a home-away-from-home for families of critically ill or traumatically injured children.
Our new house will accommodate 12 families each night in private bedrooms with baths. The House also includes a fully equipped kitchen, laundry facilities, play room and lounge areas.
A family can stay at the House as long as their child is receiving treatment at Maria Fareri Children's Hospital. On average, a family will stay at the House for 7 nights; however, families have stayed with us for as long as 9 months.
Although our actual cost is approximately $100.00 per night per family, we only ask for $15.00 per night per family to stay at our house. We never turn a family away due to inability to pay.
Our House is accessible to our families 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. The office is open 7 days per week from 9am-9pm.
Ronald McDonald House80 Woods RoadPO Box 299Valhalla, NY 10595
February 27, 2023
- People Skills
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hour shift once a week
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required.