Emotional Support - Certified Listeners
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Certified Listeners Society
Why Join the Certified Listeners Society?
We are a not-for-profit organization based in Ontario, Canada built by a community of people dedicated to providing early-stage emotional support to anyone who needs it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are not a crisis helpline. We believe that by serving the masses to navigate the challenges of our lives, with early-stage and real-time Emotional Support interventions, we can help individuals make better mental health lifestyle choices to live better, happier, healthier lives. Visit our website to find out more about us: https://certifiedlisteners.org/
The Emotional Chat Volunteer, also known as a Certified Listener you will be providing emotional support on the online chat platform and provide support to chatters who are in distress and emotional. As a Certified Listener, you are not a therapist or telling others what to do and our volunteers do not provide crisis intervention or addiction counselling. There will be proper training provided before taking support chats and this is an opportunity to gain more life skills.
Perks of volunteering for CLS
- Flexible scheduling
- Work from home
- Gain community service hours
- Hours could be use to fill academic requirements
- Reference Letter outlining your commitment at Certified Listeners
Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing immediate and confidential support followed by the agency procedures and policies
- Providing early-stage and real-time interventions to callers
- Completing weekly shifts and reporting to Certified Listener coordinator
- Collaborating with other volunteers and staff in a respectful and professional manner
- Building relationships and have conversations through empathy and emotional on the online platform
- Ongoing training, development and support from the team
What will you NOT be doing
- Certified Listener Volunteers are not therapists or hold themselves out to be.
- Try to provide callers with mental health support or services.
- Telling people what to do or how they should live their lives.
- Providing crisis intervention or addiction counselling.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication skill and computer literate
- Proficiency in English language, specifically written
- Capacity to remain calm and collected in challenging situations
- Non-judgemental and acceptance to the various values and beliefs of others
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Access to reliable internet connectivity and private workspace from home
- Adherence to Certified Listeners Society policies, procedures and online chat guidelines
- 18+ Years Old
- Must have a residency in Canada or USA (e.g. Canadian citizenship, PR, work permit, work visa,...)
- Two references (professional, academic or volunteer-related)
- Police reference check, including vulnerable sector screening
- Successful completion of all comprehensive Core Competencies training programs, quizzes, and screening process
- Reliable in fulfilling weekly shift commitments
- Able to comply with Certified Listeners Society policies and procedures and our Code of Ethics
- Maintain a confidential workplace as well as confidentiality about your work
- Sign and comply to our Volunteer Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Participate in ongoing training and work relation development opportunities
How To Apply
Start applying today by creating an account on: https://certifiedlisteners.org/application/
If you have any questions regarding the application, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8297 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1235 Fairview StreetUnit 314Burlington, ON L7S 2K9Canada
February 27, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK