Emotional Support - Shift Supervisor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Certified Listeners Society
Why Join the Certified Listeners Society?
We are a not-for-profit organization based in Ontario, Canada built by a community of people dedicated to providing early-stage emotional support to anyone who needs it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. We are not a crisis helpline. We believe that by serving the masses to navigate the challenges of our lives, with early-stage and real-time Emotional Support interventions, we can help individuals make better mental health lifestyle choices to live better, happier, healthier lives. Visit our website to find out more about us: https://certifiedlisteners.org/
Certified Listener Shift Supervisors provide support for all volunteers and callers. They observe every chat and guide/coach volunteers to help them provide empathetic support without giving advice. Supervisors also assess chats to determine if mental health resources need to be provided and take over chats that exceed volunteer scope or abilities. Reporting to the Certified Listener Program Manager, you will be tasked to supervise our Certified Listener Volunteers and provide them with emotional support as needed.
Given that we are an emotional support service, calls may vary in nature. This is a great opportunity to learn valuable skills and volunteer from home, especially during the pandemic.
Perks of volunteering for CLS
- Flexible scheduling
- Work from home
- Gain community service hours
- Hours could be use to fill academic requirements
- Reference Letter outlining your commitment at Certified Listeners
Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing immediate and confidential support to our certified listener volunteers (chat, etc.) using agency procedures and policies
- Helping our Certified Listener Volunteers by providing them with resources and referrals when appropriate
- Understanding what to do if you are concerned about a person's safety (Client or Certified Listener Volunteer)
- Working with callers/chatters, volunteers, and staff in a respectful and professional manner
- Ability to type 40 WPM
- Perform risk assessments during a chat to determine whether they are beyond our scope
- Work with callers/chatters, volunteers, and staff in a respectful and professional manner
What will you NOT be doing
- Certified Listener Volunteers are not therapists or hold themselves out to be.
- Try to provide callers with mental health support or services.
- Telling people what to do or how they should live their lives.
- Providing crisis intervention or addiction counselling.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse cultural and social backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to function well under pressure
- Demonstrated conflict management and resolution skills
- Comfortable interacting using electronic mediums
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Sound working knowledge of community services
- Risk assessment skills
- Knowledge of domestic violence and resources
- Proven knowledge/experience in mental health
- Demonstrated knowledge on risk assessments, suicide prevention
- Training in Assist or other Suicide Intervention models preferred
- Training in Nonviolent crisis Intervention preferred
- A degree or diploma in a related field (nursing, psychology, social work etc.) or is pursuing a degree in the related field
- Proof that your degree is from an accredited university or college
- Two references (professional, academic or volunteer-related)
- Police reference check, including vulnerable sector screening
- Successful completion of all comprehensive Core Competencies training programs, quizzes, and screening process
- Reliability in fulfilling weekly shift commitments
- Comply with Certified Listeners Society policies and procedures and our Code of Ethics
- Maintain a confidential workplace as well as confidentiality about your work
- Sign and comply to our Volunteer Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Participation in ongoing training and work relation development opportunities
How To Apply
Start applying today by creating an account on: https://certifiedlisteners.org/application/
If you have any questions regarding the application, please reach out to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8340 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
1235 Fairview StreetUnit 314Burlington, ON L7S 2K9Canada
February 27, 2023