Tillamook County Community Health Connection VISTA
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Oregon Health Authority AmeriCorps VISTA Partnership Project
This position joins the Oregon Health Authority’s statewide AmeriCorps VISTA team. In addition to activities at your individual site, each member receives additional orientation, training throughout the year, team retreats and meetings, and the support of the team leaders and project director based at the state public health agency. For more information about the Oregon Health Authority AmeriCorps Project, please visit: http://healthoregon.org/vista.
Selections are made on a rolling basis and early applications are strongly encouraged. The last day to submit an application is April 12, 2023. Come join our team along the breathtaking northern Oregon Coast. Tillamook County is a rural and close-knit community with access to outdoor activities such as hiking, fishing, crabbing, camping and exploring the many beaches. Tillamook County Community Health Center’s (TCCHC) mission is to promote and protect the health of all county residents. TCCHC offers comprehensive health services include medical, behavioral, and dental care and integrated public health and environmental health services. This integration aims to address health inequities and provide holistic quality care to diverse populations. Tillamook County Wellness is a is a program of TCCHC and is a locally led coalition of friends, families and organizations working together to improve community health.
We are seeking someone who has experience or interest in:
1) Community health, communications and reaching diverse communities,
2) Building collaborative partnerships and working in a team environment,
3) Learning new skills through a myriad of projects, and
4) Learning about website and social media management and communications.
We value applicants who can bring lived experience to further OHA’s strategic goal to eliminate health inequities by 2030. With the innovative public health work happening in Oregon, Tillamook is a wonderful place to explore a future in public health.
Member Duties :
The AmeriCorps VISTA member will build on previous AmeriCorps projects by expanding and enhancing communication across communities and partner organizations to improve health within the following areas:
1) Promote healthy lifestyle change, increase community engagement, and create information pathways for emergency response.
2) Provide support to identify and engage at-risk, low-income residents in accessing resources that help reduce risk of type 2 diabetes.
3) Support efforts to transition people out of poverty by identifying, developing, and promoting low- or no-cost options for healthy activities and services.
4) Work collaboratively with community partners to identify optimal pathways for low-income and marginalized youth engagement in the development and practice of healthy activities and choices to decrease chronic disease. The member will either serve remotely or in a professional office. Applicants should possess four years of higher education or relevant work experience.
Program Benefits :
Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend , Education award upon successful completion of service , Health Coverage* , Training , Living Allowance , Relocation Allowance , Childcare assistance if eligible , Stipend . *For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit ht tp://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare
Terms : Car recommended , Permits attendance at school during off hours , Permits working at another job during off hours .
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8531 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
801 Pacific AvenueTillamook, OR 97141
February 25, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FULL_TIME