RESPECT Project Math and/or English Tutor
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Lifeline Community Services
The position of RESPECT Project Math and English Tutor supports the San Diego County Sheriff’s RESECT Project. The RESPECT Project is a character-building and mentoring program designed for youth in grades 8-12. The program’s mission is to produce positive relationships between law enforcement and youth to forge safer homes, school and communities.
Worksite: RESPECT Project is located in San Marcos, CA.
• Tutor 8-12 th grade age students in basic math or literacy
• Collaborate with Lifeline and RESPECT project staff to determine student needs, develop tutoring plans, or assess student progress
• Provide private instruction to individual or small groups of students to improve academic performance
• Keep record on student learning plans and activity logs
• Enhance self-esteem and confidence in the student through patience and encouragement
Preferred Qualifications; not required:
• Possess at least 1 year of education-related experience prior to start date, such as:
Ø Experience as a tutor
Ø Experience as a teacher or related profession
Ø Experience working with youth in any capacity
• Familiarity with Common Core curriculum a plus
• Minimum commitment of 6 months or 1 school semester is required
• RESPECT’s operating hours are: 4:00pm- 6:00pm Monday-Friday
Ø Must be available at least one weekday afternoon (minimum 1-2 hours per day)
• Networking Opportunities
• Free Trainings
• Professional development
Dress Code: Casual Attire
Security Checks: TB Test, Drug Screening, and Live Scan Background Check; and County of San Diego Sheriff’s clearances
Required: Informational interview with Lifeline Volunteer Program via Zoom and formal in person interview with the San Diego Sheriff's Department. Applications, waivers and background checks will need to be completed for both Lifeline Community Services and San Diego Sheriff's Department. ( cost of background checks are covered by the programs not volunteer). Initial two hour training and orientation for County Of San Diego Sheriff's Department.
Reports to: Youth Development Program Manager
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8296 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
San Marcos, CA 92084
February 25, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK