Board Member Vacancies for Wildlife Conservation Organization
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Save The Snakes
Save The Snakes is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is dedicated exclusively to snake conservation and human-snake conflict mitigation. Our mission is to protect snake populations around the world through education and community outreach to create a harmonious relationship between humans and snakes.
Since our founding in 2017, Save The Snakes has had incredible momentum and growth. We've received tremendous support for our existing wildlife conservation efforts, but we know there is much more that we can accomplish. As our organization continues to grow, we seek leadership that will give us the support we need to ensure that our programs and organization are sustained.
We seek up to three Board Members to join the Save The Snakes Board of Directors for the long term. Ideally one of these Members will serve as Treasurer. This is an opportunity for your skills and abilities to make the difference for snake conservation efforts around the world.
Board Member Responsibilities are as follows:
- Serve as a spokesperson for Save The Snakes
- Seek new partnerships that benefit our programs and the organization
- Use your professional and personal network of promote the needs of the organization
- Make a yearly, personal financial contribution or actively engage in fundraising efforts
- Attend monthly, online board meetings and occasional in-person conferences and workshops
- Work in good faith with the volunteers, staff and other Board Members
- Stay informed about Save The Snakes programs and activities
- Take responsibility for making decisions on issues, policies, and other matters
- The Treasurer will assist with accounting, tax compliance and other financial matters.
Ideal Board Members will have the following:
- Background in philanthropy, accounting, legal affairs, nonprofit management or wildlife conservation
- Based in Sacramento or elsewhere in Northern California
- Authentic passion for our mission and a serious commitment to this role and to our organization
Snakes are important, let's save them together.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8323 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Sacramento, CA 95817
February 25, 2023
- Public Advocacy