Social Media Intern Summer 2023
ORGANIZATION: Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Inc
Please visit the new page to apply.
Social Media Intern
Remote / New York, NY
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is a nonprofit organization committed to fighting food insecurity and preventing wasted food. We have cultivated a network of dedicated food rescuers who bring food directly from our donors to nonprofit organizations, letting neighbors help neighbors while reaping the environmental and economic benefits of reducing wasted food. Founded in 2013, our simple, but elegant model has redistributed over 10 million pounds of food cumulatively, and almost 3 million pounds in 2022 alone.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Social Media Intern is charged with leveraging social media platforms to spread awareness of food insecurity and promote the RLC brand in the local and online communities. They will help market new initiatives and events on social media networks. The Social Media Intern’s essential duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Posting content daily to various platforms
- Working with the graphic designer to develop content
- Assisting with social media campaigns
- Developing online marketing strategies and tactical plans
- Collaborating closely with other Marketing team members
- Passion for mission-based work and interest in relevant business function; prior relevant coursework preferred
- Willingness to take initiative and collaborate with a team or manager
- Ability to work independently and persevere through ambiguity
- Eagerness to provide and receive feedback with an eye toward growth and development
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication
- Comfort representing RLC and engaging professionally with stakeholders
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment and manage an evolving workload
- Familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g., Google Workspace) preferred
- Commitment to RLC’s core values of integrity, honesty, fairness, openness, respect, and responsibility
- Typing speed of 65 wpm is required
RLC interns have the chance to work closely with the executive team and have the opportunity to make a true, meaningful impact in their time with the organization. This is a part-time, unpaid internship, although interns will be reimbursed for travel if local to an operational RLC branch and actively complete food rescue pickups. Interns are expected to work 20 hours per week, the start date is in June 2023 with an end date in August 2023.
To express your interest, send an email to HR Manager email@example.com with a copy of your resume. Students should consult with academic faculty to determine if this unpaid experience will earn credit.
17 More opportunities with Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Inc20 Reviews
About Rescuing Leftover Cuisine Inc
25 Broadway, 12th Floor, New York, NY 10004, US
The mission of RLC is to redistribute excess food to feed people experiencing food insecurity.
Rescuing Leftover Cuisine (RLC) is a nonprofit organization committed to fighting food insecurity and preventing wasted food. We have cultivated a network of dedicated food rescuers who bring food directly from our food donors to nonprofit recipients, letting neighbors help neighbors while reaping the environmental and economic benefits of reducing wasted food. Founded in 2013, our simple, but elegant model has saved over 8 million pounds of food since our inception.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 24, 2023
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Reading Comprehension
- Orientation or Training