DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
Social & Disability Justice Intern - summer 2023
ORGANIZATION: The Arc Minnesota & Arc's Value Village
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
3 people are interested
The Arc's Social & Disability Justice Intern is for summer 2023 and includes a $1500 stipend; half paid at mid-point of internship & remainder paid at the end of the internship. The Social & Disability Justice intern supports the Arc’s strategic planning and implementation, community messaging, staff development and workflow processing related to The Arc’s work on racial and disability justice. Work is conducted in collaboration and under supervision of the Equity and Justice Director.
- Schedule, communicate and co-facilitate Justice Advisory Council meetings
- Document ideas, questions, concerns and possible solutions based on information shared within facilitated meetings
- Analyze information shared in meetings for themes; create possible next steps or scenarios
- Create power points, summary documents, work plans and other pieces of communication to share with staff, Arc stakeholders and the community at-large
- Organize and communicate meetings, assist with presentation requests and scheduling of presentations within the community; participate in presentations if possible
- Assist with centering and uplifting the work and voices of those impacted by racial and disability injustices
- Organizational and strategic related projects as requested
- Other duties as needed
Professional Development Benefits:
- Includes a $1500 stipend; half paid at mid-point of internship & remainder paid at the end
- Gain understanding of issues facing the disability community, the barriers of racism and ableism and how intersecting identities impact inclusion, equity and belonging
- Attend to professional roles & boundaries, professional demeanor in communication
- Develop relationships with individuals with disabilities, their families & Arc colleagues
- Gain a working knowledge of person centered thinking, planning & application
- Demonstrates skill in effective use of resources & supports
- Learn and incorporate The Arc’s core values of Human & Civil Rights, Self-Advocacy & Self-Direction, Equity & Belonging and Disability and Racial Justice
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective organization skills; attention to detail/accuracy a must
- Will work with and have respect for people of all backgrounds; in teams and independently
- Dependable and can keep information confidential
- Effective time management and problem solving skills; proficient computer skills
- Manages multiple priorities and follows a project through to completion
- Commitment to social, racial, disability and LGBTQ+ justice and their intersections
- Multiple language capabilities preferred but not required
- Preference for individuals with a disability and/or lived experience around race and disability justice
- 10-15 hours per week May - August 2023. Internship done remotely and/or in-person. Office hours are Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm with occasional evenings and weekends as schedule allows/if needed.
The Arc Minnesota is a statewide nonprofit organization that works to promote and protect the human rights of people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. Through statewide programs and services, we help people navigate systems while working to advance social change centered in justice, equity, and belonging in community.
44 More opportunities with The Arc Minnesota & Arc's Value Village3 Reviews
About The Arc Minnesota & Arc's Value Village
PO Box 64007, Saint Paul, MN 55164, US
The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, actively supporting them and their families in a lifetime of full inclusion and participation in their communities.
The Arc Minnesota is a statewide nonprofit organization that works to promote and protect the human rights of people who have intellectual and developmental disabilities. The Arc helps people navigate systems while working to advance social change centered in justice, equity and belonging in community. Arc's Value Village is a public awareness and revenue generating vehicle for The Arc Minnesota. Arc's Value Village accepts clothing, housewares, art, media, books & related items and sells those items to the community.
The Arc Minnesota641 Fairview Avenue NorthSt. Paul, MN 55104
March 10, 2023
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training