Is your loved one living with mental illness? Help educate other families!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: National Alliance on Mental Illness Metropolitan Baltimore
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is the nation's largest grassroots organization dedicated to improving the lives of persons living with serious mental illness and their families. Volunteers are needed to serve as teachers for NAMI's Family-To-Family education course. This is a free, 12-week class for families and friends of adults with mental illness. The course is taught by 2 volunteer Teachers who provide information about mental illness, as well as communication, problem solving skills, and strategies to support a loved one with a mental illness.
▪ Personal experience having an adult family member with a mental illness
▪ Participated in a Family-To-Family course
▪ Complete a 3-day training program provided by NAMI. Available weekends only.
▪ Current member of NAMI, or willingness to join ▪ Volunteers are encouraged to teach the course at least twice in the 2 years following completion of training. The course meets for 2 hours for 12 consecutive weeks.
▪ Maintain confidentiality of course participants
▪ Work cooperatively with a co-teacher to conduct the courses
▪ Coordinate classes with NAMI staff, including completion of all required paperwork
▪ Complete online refresher course every 2 years
▪ Assist with planning and outreach for the course
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8423 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Baltimore, MD 21212
February 24, 2023
- Public Advocacy