Learning & Development Specialist
Please visit the new page to apply.
Job Description- HUCA: Learning & Development Specialist
This is a virtual only, pro-bono volunteer position.
Under the direction of the Head of Human Capital, the Learning & Development Specialist will plan, organize and manage training and development activities for all volunteers. This includes assessing training needs & implementing training for existing volunteers as well as conducting training for all new volunteers joining JerseySTEM team. Examples of projects include Recruitment workflow training, Recruitment tools training and partnering with operational leaders for their specific training needs.
- Prepare/Improve training guides and manuals for variety of disciplines throughout JerseySTEM
- Assess training and development needs of the team and recommend new opportunities for organization improvement
- Create and implement a methodology to evaluate training results and share with Human Capital Director and team
- Flexible hours 4-6 hours a week commitment for a minimum of 3 months
- Knowledge and experience with virtual learning approaches, including training program design, development, and execution
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience overseeing HR learning and development projects from needs assessment through to design and implementation
- Well organized, with strong attention to detail
- Resourceful and creative
- Reliable and accountable for achieving results
- 2+ years experience in Human Resources, with a specialty in training, learning and development, or talent development
127 More opportunities with JerseySTEM3 Reviews
Virtual Locations, Florham Park, NJ 07901, US
JerseySTEM is a grassroots 501(c) nonprofit organization dedicated to bringing Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math ("STEM") education to girls grade 5-8 from underserved communities in New Jersey. We partner with socially responsible companies and their employees, youth organizations in underserved communities, and civic-minded college students and universities. Together we develop and deliver innovative, hands-on, and online afterschool projects and inquiry-based learning opportunities that develop teamwork, 21st-century problem-solving skills, and self-esteem.
Incorporated in 2013, JerseySTEM started bringing afterschool enrichment programs to middle school girls in 2015.
We have since provided 1,000 students with exposure to afterschool enrichment programs delivering more than 20,000 hours of instruction. Students learn to code, build robots, solve problems and through that process gain self-esteem and confidence that they can be the leaders of tomorrow.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 23, 2023
- Human Resources Strategy
- Organization Design
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Career Counseling / Coaching
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 5-7 Hours a week with a minimum 3 month commitment
- Virtual only position working with a great team who is motivated by our mission to improve the lives of young women