3 people are interested
Volunteer Senior Curriculum Development Associate (Remote)
ORGANIZATION: Save the Water, Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
- This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity and as a Senior Curriculum Development Associate you are required to contribute a minimum of 5 hours per week.
- Curriculum Development Manager must be willing to attend virtual meetings in EST Timezone and be responsive to emails within 36 hours.
- STW(tm) will provide a "letter of recommendation" to interns, students & professionals who are able to showcase outstanding performance for school/university credit and for professional references.
Save the Water(tm) (STW(tm)) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization dedicated to solving the world water crisis through excellence in water science research and by forming alliances with organizations, scientists, universities, media, businesses, and governments around the world to promote awareness of water contamination issues.
Volunteering with STW(tm) is different from other volunteer experiences as we work in an almost 100% online environment. Save the Water(tm) is run like a business and we rely heavily on frequent email communications, meetings held via google hangouts, and collaboration on projects via google drive. Volunteers are held to high standards and deliverable due dates.To learn more about Save the Water(tm), please visit www.savethewater.org
Reporting to the Curriculum Development Manager, the Senior Curriculum Development Associate’s primary responsibility will be supporting the planning and upgrades of current curriculum projects, the development of education programs and project curriculum. He/she will work closely with the Curriculum Development Manager and the Curriculum team to create detailed, interactive, and developmentally appropriate water-focused lessons for program delivery.
What you will be responsible for...
- Assist the Curriculum Development Manager to develop/modify education programming curriculum that supports Save the Water’s mission and educates the public about water quality issues for participants ages 10-15.
- Work closely with the Curriculum Development Manager to design and develop project(s) and communicate with the Instructional Designer to provide participants with a high quality experience.
- Engage in extensive research to ensure that the water education materials are of high and realistic calibre.
- Ensure curriculum is aligned with New Generation Science Standards (NGSS) or equivalent.
- Review and recommend textbooks and other educational materials.
- Recommend teaching techniques and the use of different or new teaching and learning technologies.
- Ensure that materials reflect Save the Water’s and the Education Group’s organizational beliefs, values and mission objectives.
- Meet project deadlines as assigned and ensure any Curriculum Development Associate(s) who are assisting in your project(s) is/are able to do so.
- Voice roadblocks to reaching milestones in projects to Curriculum Development Manager.
- Brainstorm or communicate solutions preemptively for projects under your charge.
- Provide guidance to Curriculum Development Associates for lesson planning and development of supplementary curriculum materials.
- Organize and attend group/team meetings as necessary.
- Be willing to attend virtual meetings in EST timezone (GMT -4:00) and respond to emails within 36 hours.
Apply Now if you have...
- Strong attention to detail in all aspects of work.
- Strong ability to self-motivate, multi-task and prioritize effectively.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and online environment.
- Demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills to elicit information and provide accurate information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to follow directions and take initiative.
- Very comfortable working in a virtual team environment incorporating group problem-solving; shares information and responsibility.
- Committed to attending team meetings. Strong relationship-building skills, both internally and externally.
- Outgoing, persistent and energetic. Strong communication and interpersonal skills; able to handle requests and complaints in a professional, non-confrontational manner.
- Work/Volunteer experience as a teacher preferably middle school or high school level or experience being in a teaching position to middle and/or high school students.
- Comfortable learning and using a variety of technical solutions to complete project deliverables.
- Experience using Google product applications or GSuite.
- Some experience working with curriculum is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (or in progress) in Education, Educational Technology, Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Design, or similar, with experience in research methods (APA style) and data analysis such as natural and environmental science or other related fields. Equivalencies of education and experience may also be considered.
- Subject matter expert in Science, Environmental Science, Biology, or Chemistry preferred.
- Research methodologies, writing, project management (preferred).
- Minimum one year of applied experience in research and/or evaluation through school or professional work, preferably in an academic environment. Experience in coordinating research projects preferred.
- Education and/or work experience with online learning environments, Learning Management Software, game design, etc.
How to apply:
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
30 More opportunities with Save the Water, Inc.24 Reviews
About Save the Water, Inc.
"All Positions are Virtual", Ft.Lauderdale, FL 33322, US
The mission of Save The Water™ is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impact.
Save the Water(tm) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to conduct water research to identify and remove harmful contaminants in water, and to raise public awareness about water contamination and its health impacts.
Our volunteers are diverse professionals from all over the world bringing their knowledge and experience to STW(tm) because we care deeply about our communities and water resources. We learn and collaborate in an open and empowering work environment to find long-term solutions to the water contamination problem. Our vision is "Contamination free, healthy water for all"
To learn more about Save the Water(tm) , please visit www.savethewater.org
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 23, 2023
- Verbal / Written Communication
- As a Senior Curriculum Development Associate, you are expected to contribute a minimum of 5 hours per week.