4 people are interested
FoodCycle volunteers (Cooking, Hosting, or Food Collection) - Cardiff Ely
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
We have 3 different volunteer roles to choose from:
* Surplus Food Collection: collect surplus food from local shops and supermarkets and take it to the Project venue ready for cooking.
* Cooking: roll up your sleeves, sport a fetching hairnet and join the kitchen team to produce a three-course vegetarian meal using surplus food. You’ll be peeling, chopping, frying, mixing, boiling, serving and washing up. But most of all, you’ll have a lot of fun!
* Hosting: support the team in creating a warm, welcoming environment for our guests. You’ll serve food, share a meal with our guest, encourage conversation and clean up after the meal.
You don’t need to have any previous experience, you just need to get stuck in!
FoodCycle Projects take place weekly in different locations across England and Wales. Follow the link below to find your local Project and register as a volunteer:
04:30 PM to 08:30 PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
133 More opportunities with FoodCycle
2.16 The Food Exchange, New Covent Garden Market, London, London SW8 5EL, GB
Week in, week out we nourish the hungry and lonely in our communities with delicious meals and great conversation, using food which would otherwise go to waste. Our aims: - Connect communities - Support mental health, wellbeing and reduce loneliness - Nourish the hungry - Promote sustainability - Inspire change
We are FoodCycle, and our vision is to make food poverty, loneliness and food waste a thing of the past for every community.
We connect communities, reducing loneliness and food poverty - working with thousands of volunteers and surplus food to help everyone who needs us. By creating welcoming spaces for people from all walks of life to meet, eat and have conversations, and by offering a weekly telephone Check-in and Chat, we are supporting people’s health and mental wellbeing.
By cooking with surplus ingredients, we promote healthy, sustainable attitudes towards food and its impact on the environment, and help people to learn more about healthy food.
We aim to inspire greater change by sharing the impact of our community dining spaces and the voices of our guests to encourage more people to join and support FoodCycle, so we can help more people and more communities.
460 Cowbridge RoadCardiff, United Kingdom
February 23, 2023
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Food Service
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- It’s easy to volunteer with FoodCycle! We don’t look for minimum commitments, but love it if you keep coming back. An average volunteer slot is 4 hours.
- - You'll need to follow the training you receive when registering with us, as well as all FoodCycle policies and procedures. - You must not be barred from working with children and adults who may be vulnerable and at risk of abuse or neglect.