Surplus Food Coordinator - FoodCycle Cardiff Ely
Please visit the new page to apply.
As a volunteer Surplus Food Coordinator you’ll work with local supermarkets, shops, restaurants, and surplus food services to ensure the weekly FoodCycle session has a regular donation of food. You will be passionate about reducing the amount of food that’s wasted in our society and actively seek out opportunities to work with local services, grow your Project’s networks within the local community, and represent FoodCycle at local food waste events and meetings.
- Coordinating a team of volunteers, and inducting new volunteers, to collect surplus food in your local area.
- Making sure that local retailers and supermarkets know what kind of surplus food we can collect.
- Developing good relationships with store managers to ensure a regular food supply to your Project.
- Encouraging the whole team to have input into growing your Project’s networks within the local community.
- Communicating with other Surplus Food Coordinators and Cooking Project Leaders to ensure the store of dry/tinned goods is kept tidy and well stocked.
You don’t need to have any previous experience - you just need to love food and motivating people!
If you’re interested in this role, please follow the link below to apply:
133 More opportunities with FoodCycle
2.16 The Food Exchange, New Covent Garden Market, London, London SW8 5EL, GB
Week in, week out we nourish the hungry and lonely in our communities with delicious meals and great conversation, using food which would otherwise go to waste. Our aims: - Connect communities - Support mental health, wellbeing and reduce loneliness - Nourish the hungry - Promote sustainability - Inspire change
We are FoodCycle, and our vision is to make food poverty, loneliness and food waste a thing of the past for every community.
We connect communities, reducing loneliness and food poverty - working with thousands of volunteers and surplus food to help everyone who needs us. By creating welcoming spaces for people from all walks of life to meet, eat and have conversations, and by offering a weekly telephone Check-in and Chat, we are supporting people’s health and mental wellbeing.
By cooking with surplus ingredients, we promote healthy, sustainable attitudes towards food and its impact on the environment, and help people to learn more about healthy food.
We aim to inspire greater change by sharing the impact of our community dining spaces and the voices of our guests to encourage more people to join and support FoodCycle, so we can help more people and more communities.
460 Cowbridge RoadCardiff, United Kingdom
February 23, 2023
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- The suggested minimum time commitment for this role is 8 hours a month.
- • Complete all required training • Lead at least 1 session per month • Follow all FoodCycle policies and procedures • You must not be barred from working with children and adults who may be vulnerable and at risk of abuse or neglect