Member Service and Programs Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: ALLIANCE OF CROP SOIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE SOCIETIES
Please visit the new page to apply.
Reports to: Director of Member Services
Activities: Provide exceptional customer service to members and customers of ASA, CSSA, and SSSA, along with programmatic support, records maintenance, and administrative assistance. Assist the department director and member services staff in carrying out their programs.
- Provide telephone and email support for membership contacts.
- Assist with contacting members during retention call campaigns.
- Understand and be able to explain the processes, requirements and benefits of membership.
- Maintain and update the membership database/records as new information is provided and/or clean-up projects are required.
- Assist individuals as they join, renew and update membership/subscriptions.
- Support our member Communities, Divisions, and Specialty Groups with communications, updates, election assistance, materials, website information edits, discussion boards, and other projects as they develop.
- Assist the geographical Branch leaders with their annual meetings (promotions, logistics (as needed), elections, and communications.
- Oversee the administration of our scholarship programs (Encompass, Bridge Scholars, others) including communications, logistics, tracking, and report writing.
- Coordinate and process award honorariums and travel expense reports.
- Assist in the coordination, with department managers, of prework for the Annual Meeting to includes student and other cohort programs.
- Provide back-up customer service for our Career Placement Center job submission site.
- Make web updates using Drupal.
- Provide administrative/clerical support as requested - including filebound, Zoom scheduling, doodle polls, database queries, etc.
- Other activities as requested.
Well-developed written and verbal communication skills are required. Very high level of attention to detail - understanding that this can make or break the excellence of our programs. Understanding of common software technologies are a must. A strong work ethic, team-oriented can-do attitude and flexible aptitude are valued in our fast-paced, continually changing environment. Ability to interact, establish and maintain effective and collegial working relationships with staff, members, and leaders, as well as with Societies and vendors, is a must. This position requires a strong customer/member-service orientation.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
- Accuracy and attention to detail is absolutely required, as well as a track record of reliability, confidentiality, and conscientious work habits.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, specifically Word and Excel and Teams
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively.
- Willingness to ask questions and ask for help when needed.
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment with deadline pressures.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure open, transparent communications.
- Demonstrated ability in dealing directly with employees and board members.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents. Ability to respond effectively to member inquiries.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Business travel may or may not occur.
Fitchburg (Madison), WI - this position requires a minimum of two days per week in the office and the ideal candidate will be willing to work in our office full-time.
More opportunities with ALLIANCE OF CROP SOIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE SOCIETIES
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ALLIANCE OF CROP SOIL AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE SOCIETIES
5585 GUILFORD RD, FITCHBURG, WI 53711, US
Global provider of superior services for scientific societies
The support organization, ACSESS, was created due to the restructuring of the ASA Board of Directors in 2009. ASA, CSSA, and SSSA voted to establish the support organization in order to provide operational efficiencies, as well as giving each of the Societies the flexibility to focus on specific programmatic activities. And while ASA, CSSA, and SSSA are the founders of ACSESS, the individual names remain unchanged and each retains its own 501(c)(3) status.
ASA, CSSA, and SSSA also envision continuing to add relevant organizations as part of the strategic plan for ACSESS to provide a full-spectrum of high quality management and administration services to nonprofit scientific societies. Membership in ACSESS is open to organizations interested in enhancing synergies within the broad categories of agronomic, crop, soil, food, environmental, and the natural resources sectors, while also coordinating and potentially consolidating professional activities such as the development of educational resources, public policy positions, industry standards, and/or information resources.
5585 Guilford Road | Madison, WI 53711-5801Madison, WI 53711
February 22, 2023
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training