Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: A Free Bird
Volunteer Application: https://forms.clickup.com/f/dg3xb-3587/3TIB9OCNV1L443XMEE
A Free Bird is a 501(C)(3) non-profit organization based in New York City. Our organization provides children diagnosed with cancer the opportunity to explore their artistic passions. Artistic expression has been proven to play an instrumental role in the healing process. We support children affected by cancer in their exploration of a range of self expression such as art, music, acting, poetry, writing, singing and other creative mediums.
We are seeking a Grant Writer to research, compose, track, and report on all grant submissions for the fundraising department. The Grant Writer will engage in a collaborative writing process with fundraisers and program leaders by creating a portfolio of funding proposals, letters of interest (LOIs), reports and other funding materials. This role reports directly to the Director and is an integral part of the fund development team.
- Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies.
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization.
- Submit proposals to grant coordinators for approval.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities.
- Execute annual fundraising efforts acquired through foundation and corporate foundation grants
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience in a fundraising or sales position, or relevant experience
- Project experience
- Self-motivated professional
- Skillful interpersonal and communication abilities are essential, both written and verbal, for diverse audiences, including writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Unwavering dedication to youth development
- Creative approach to problem-solving and industry trends
- Strategic, big picture perspective and attention to detail and high organizational skills
- Enthusiastic ability to work collaboratively with and appreciate diverse team members and constituents
- Experience with proposal budgets and financial reports
- Marketing, communications, business development experience
This position requires a three month commitment and at least 5 - 10 hours per week.*
*Mandatory commitment is based on position level.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8483 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
542 Atlantic AveBrooklyn, NY 11201
February 22, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK