1 person is interested
ORGANIZATION: REDEFINERS WORLD LANGUAGES
Please visit the new page to apply.
1 person is interested
Position: Academic Tutor
Organization: ReDefiners World Languages
Work Schedule: Tuesday-Thursday; 3:30pm - 6:00pm
Saturdays; 11:00am - 3:00pm
Number of Openings: 33
- Office- 8056 N. 56th St., Tampa, FL 33617
- Mort Elementary- School 1806 E Bearss Ave East, Tampa, FL 33613
- Family Enrichment Center- 1002 E MLK Jr Blvd, Tampa, FL 33603
Contact: Brenda Thomas firstname.lastname@example.org ; 813-631-0688 Ext: 2001
Who Are We?
ReDefiners is a pioneering non-profit organization with the goal of developing a compassionate community of global citizens, who are both economically and socially responsible, through world language and cultural enrichment. Education in global communication is paramount in developing cognitive skills, creating opportunities for upward mobility, and establishing a foundation to excel in an ever increasing globalized society. We strive to provide language learning opportunities in Arabic, English, Spanish and Mandarin through our programs and courses for adults and children regardless of socioeconomic background.
Purpose of Position: Provide 1:1 academic tutoring to Kindergarten - 5th grade students, with a focus on Literacy Development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct interactive and engaging tutoring 1-hour sessions in English and provide 15 minute debrief with Parent or Caregiver
- Plan dynamic, student-centered, and communicative-focused sessions
- Communicate student progress with parents and/or Teachers
- Record and report student progress after each session
- Participate in quarterly team gatherings
- Tutor training
- Resource guidance
- Collaborative team environment
- Native or Highly Proficient Speaker of Spanish
- Native or Highly Proficient Speaker of English
- Reliable transportation
- Highly organized
- Able to express and garner enthusiasm about learning to young children
- Highly energetic
- Proficient and/or willing to learn to use online tools to enhance student success
- Must complete a level II background clearance
- Available to maintain a regular schedule of 1-5 hours per week
Complete application at https://www.redefinerswl.org/volunteer-registration
16 More opportunities with REDEFINERS WORLD LANGUAGES
About REDEFINERS WORLD LANGUAGES
8056 N. 56th St., Tampa, FL 33617, US
To promote social change, create equity in educational opportunities, and provide a competitive advantage for youth and adults through language and cultural enrichment programs.
Our organization is deeply grounded in our core values. We believe all children, regardless of background, are capable and deserving of language learning opportunities, language learning needs to begin before age 10, intercultural education and authentic relationships promote greater peace and in today’s society, students need to become global citizens.
Founded by a full-time educator, parent, and advocate for language learning, ReDefiners is a non-profit organization that prides itself in being a pioneer in the early language education programing in Hillsborough County. The organization is made up of qualified teachers, international student volunteers and business professionals who are passionate about language and cultural education. We offer language classes in Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), Spanish and English to youth and adults.
8056 North 56th StreetTampa, FL 33617
February 21, 2023
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training