Volunteer: Transportation Specialist - Hospital Deliveries (Luzerne County)
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
Help save lives in your community by delivering blood.
Did you know someone in the US needs blood every two seconds? To meet this critical need, the American Red Cross is looking for dependable, safe and courteous drivers to deliver lifesaving blood products. As a Blood Transportation Specialist, you can be the critical link between blood donors and recipients. Volunteers are responsible for regular routes and are on standby for emergency runs.
· Transport blood from collection site to Red Cross laboratory
· Transport finished blood or blood products to hospital customers as routine or "stat" deliveries
· Pick up empty boxes from hospitals as necessary
· Deliver supplies to blood collection sites as needed
· Complete required paperwork and obtain signatures as necessary
· Communicate with Red Cross staff on feedback from customers or any urgent issues
Drive in a safe and responsible manner as a representative of the American Red Cross.
Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community
- Gain valuable training/experience while providing an invaluable service to the community
- Validate driving experience for resume
- Opportunity to become a volunteer leader
Volunteer. *To learn about volunteer opportunities or to sign up, click the link.*
112 More opportunities with American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
About American Red Cross of Greater Pennsylvania Region
256 N Sherman St., WilkesBarre, PA 18702, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
The American Red Cross, through its strong network of volunteers, donors and partners, is always there in times of need. We aspire to turn compassion into action so that...
...all people affected by disaster across the country and around the world receive care, shelter and hope;
...our communities are ready and prepared for disasters;
...everyone in our country has access to safe, lifesaving blood and blood products;
...all members of our armed services and their families find support and comfort whenever needed; and
...in an emergency, there are always trained individuals nearby, ready to use their Red Cross skills to save lives.
Multiple locations Nescopeck, PA 18635
March 23, 2023
- Truck Driving
- Bus/Van Driving
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Pick routes that work with your schedule! Happen to have a tight schedule? Volunteer for empty box pickups!