- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Preparedness and Safety Presenter - Carter County
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross Serving Kansas and Oklahoma
Please visit the new page to apply.
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
We need Prepare with Pedro Presenters throughout South Central Southeast Oklahoma. Counties are listed below:
Atoka County, Bryan County, Carter County, Choctaw County, Coal County, Garvin County, Haskell County, Hughes County, Jefferson County, Johnston County, Latimer County, Le Flore County, Love County, Marshall County, McCurtain County, McIntosh County, Murray County, Okfuskee County, Pittsburg County, Pontotoc County, Pottawatomie County, Pushmataha County, Seminole County, Stephens County
Description of Position:
Save lives and prevent injury by providing leadership and/or support to Disaster Cycle Services (DCS) team members by supporting the Prepare with Pedro program. The 30-45-minute presentation provides emergency preparedness education to youth in grades K-2 (ages 4-7) in school classrooms and other settings by following Pedro the Penguin as he learns how to be prepared and take action during an emergency. Team member roles include either being a presenter, presentation assistant, administrative support, or presenter trainer.
Team member roles include either being a presenter, presentation assistant, administrative support, or presenter trainer. Each volunteer is able to choose their preferred role and responsibilities will vary with each role.
Presenter Role responsibilities:
* Conduct Prepare with Pedro presentations given to youth in schools and community settings
* May assist with community outreach to schedule presentations at sites (optional)
* May assist in reaching key groups within the region, such as support to military families, at risk youth, etc. (optional)
* May mentor new presenters to help the region build a team of experienced youth preparedness presenters. (optional)
* Work as a team with the Team Lead and other volunteers and employees to build Prepare with Pedro in the region
* Ensure all reporting data for each presentation given is collected and given to regional staff in a timely manner
* Other duties as agreed to between the presenter and the Team Lead
Presentation Assistant Role responsibilities:
* Support Prepare with Pedro Presenter in schools and community settings while they deliver the presentation.
* Handing out and collecting materials from students; helping with classroom management; grading quizzes; working with individual students during the activities; assisting with other duties as requested by the presenter.
* May be asked to help complete the reports for the presentation site(s).
* Successfully complete any Curriculum-Specific Courses
* May assist with community outreach to schedule presentations at sites (optional).
* May assist in reaching key groups within the region, such as support to military families, at risk youth, etc. (optional).
* May mentor new presentation assistants to help the region build a team of experienced youth preparedness volunteers (optional).
* Work as a team with the Team Lead and other volunteers and employees to build Prepare with Pedro in the region.
* Other duties as agreed to with the presenter and the Team Lead.
Administrative Support Role responsibilities:
* Providing EDGE Learning Management System administrative support (where possible)
* Printing of program training materials
* Training site support (scheduling training room reservations, coordinating with Presenters and Team Lead, etc.)
* Working with Prepare with Pedro Presenter/Presentation Assistant to coordinate materials pick up/drop off
* Helping with site outreach to secure presentations
* Carry out administrative duties, such as:
* Data management
* Inventory management
* Reporting collection and entry
* Collecting and readying presentation supplies
* Responding to email inquiries about the program
Presenter Trainer Role responsibilities:
* Present program to student audiences
* Plan and lead Presenter Trainings using NHQ developed resources (Instructor Manual, Participant Guide and PowerPoint Training Presentation)
* Responsible for training individuals to present The Pillowcase Project curriculum proficiently
* Attend any additional training required as specified by Team Lead
* Fluent in basic computer skills; adaptable to new systems
* Demonstrates respect and recognition of others; highly collaborative
* Communicates effectively both in writing and verbally
* Interests in expanding Red Cross capabilities through teaching and empowering others
* Reliable and punctual with good time management skills
* Comfortable presenting an interactive curriculum to youth in grades 3-5 (ages 8-11) in school and out of school/community settings
* Working knowledge or emergency preparedness, including protective actions for various hazards, or a strong desire to learn about emergency preparedness and protective actions in order to teach them to youth
* Flexible and willingness to teach new ideas and concepts, such as the psychosocial "coping skills"
* Strong organizational skills and ability to follow through with minimum supervision
* Excellent communication skills, including public speaking
* Dynamic personality that relates well to youth in the target age group
* Reliable, punctual, good time management skills
* Ability to complete reports and conduct follow up calls with sites in a timely manner
* Ability to problem solve and be flexible with program changes, regional changes, etc.
* Daytime and/or weekend availability
* Ability to arrange transportation to the Red Cross office to pick up materials, travel to event location, and return materials, etc. to the office at the end of the presentation
Team Member roles include either being a presenter, presentation assistant, administrative support, or presenter trainer. Depending on which role you choose, your training will vary.
* Gives back to others
* Work with children
* Explore a career
* Learn new skills
* Gain leadership experience
* Get to know the community
* Meet new people
* Have fun
* Interact directly with clients
* Work with a team
* Work with technology
* Build resume
About American Red Cross Serving Kansas and Oklahoma
10151 East 11th Street, Tulsa, OK 74128, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Local non-Profit offering several lines of service to local communities to provide life saving blood and blood products, disaster preparedenss, response and recovery, and serve our military through services to armed forces.
Multiple locations Ardmore, OK 73401
January 15, 2024
- Teaching / Instruction
- Safety & Disaster Education
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- Training is online, free and required