3 people are interested
Children's Program Volunteer
ORGANIZATION: YWCA Passage Point
Please visit the new page to apply.
3 people are interested
Overview: We are seeking an enthusiastic and reliable volunteer to assist with our after-school program for children. The program provides a safe and nurturing environment for children to learn and play after school, while providing academic support, social and emotional development, and enrichment activities. As a volunteer, you will be responsible for helping to lead activities and support the children in their academic and personal growth.
- Assist in planning and implementing engaging activities and projects for children in the program, such as arts and crafts, games, and educational activities.
- Help children with homework and provide academic support and guidance as needed.
- Assist in the setup and cleanup of program activities.
- Foster a positive and supportive atmosphere for children, promoting their social and emotional development.
- Communicate effectively with program staff, parents, and children.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Passionate about working with children and committed to their well-being and development.
- Reliable, responsible, and punctual.
- Ability to work well in a team setting and follow instructions.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with children, particularly in an after-school or camp setting, is a plus.
- A background check may be required.
05:00 PM to 06:30 PM
Check-in starts at 4:30PM
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
More opportunities with YWCA Passage Point
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About YWCA Passage Point
15900 277th ST, Maple Valley, WA 98038, US
A supportive residential community that helps parents facing homelessness after incarceration reunite with their children.
YWCA Passage Point offers supportive housing and services to previously incarcerated parents, empowering them in the reunification process with their children by providing a stable environment. This program equips parents with the necessary tools and skills through educational and social opportunities reducing the chances of re-incarceration.
15900 Southeast 277th PlaceMaple Valley, WA 98038
February 24, 2023
- General Education
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Reading / Writing
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 4 days a week 8 hours a week 2 hours a day.