Provide Friendly Visits to Hospice Patients and their Families
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: VITAS Healthcare
VITAS is looking for kind and caring volunteers to help terminally ill patients and their families. When you make friendly visits, run simple errands, provide a listening ear, and offer the gift of friendship at a crucial time, you can make a real difference in another's life. Yours, too!
Take advantage of numerous volunteer opportunities, including:
· Sitting with a patient while the caregiver takes a break
· Making friendly visits to patients and their families at home or in a nursing home
· Driving a patient to appointments
· Accompanying a patient to a church function, wedding, beauty shop, play, or ballgame
· Running errands to the grocery store, drug store, or post office
· Assisting with programs and special events
VITAS provides free training and orientation for volunteers to help learn the skills required to be an outstanding hospice volunteer. Volunteering also strengthens your resume for a post-college career.
For more information about VITAS Volunteer Services, visit https://www.vitas.com/volunteer.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8296 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Bradley, IL 32934
February 17, 2023