6 people are interested
Become a Volunteer! Join the fight for housing justice!
ORGANIZATION: Tenants Together
Please visit the new page to apply.
6 people are interested
It is time for all of us to fight back for those most vulnerable in our communities and take action against housing injustice and displacement in California. Join the fight and become a volunteer!
Join us VIRTUALLY at our next volunteer training!
Tuesday, March 14
Thursday, March 16 2023
6:00 - 8:00pm
BOTH DAYS REQUIRED
To register fill out our volunteer form here! https://bit.ly/tt-new-volunteer
Tenants Together volunteers have supported over 3,500 tenants to fight for their rights, and there is more work to be done. We have four different volunteer teams to join!
- Offer one-on-one peer support and tenant rights information to those in crisis on the Statewide Tenants' Rights Hotline
(*Full English fluency is required to use our hotline tools, but if you speak English & Spanish, we would love to have you in a bilingual capacity)
- Meet one weeknight per week from 5:00 - 8:00pm PST; ~12-15 hours per month
Data & Tech Team
- Develop new models of user-friendly digital tools for tenants to advocate for their rights.
- Meet twice a month on first & third Monday evenings of the month from 5:30 - 6:30pm PST; ~10 hours per month.
Training & Organizing Team
- Create and co-facilitate Know Your Rights resources to support tenants in understanding their rights, new local ballot measures, and actions.
- Meet twice a month on the first & third Tuesday of the month from 5:30 - 6:30pm PST; ~10 hours per month.
Research & Advocacy Team
- Investigate tenancy issues in California either in conjunction with an issue campaign or independent research to fill knowledge gaps on tenant rights issues.
- Meet twice a month on the first & third Wednesday of the month from 5:30 - 6:30pm PST; ~10 hours per month.
- Access to computer and internet
- Full English - fluency - we do not have any our software available in languages besides English but multilingual capacity, especially Spanish, is a plus! We are in great need of bilingual English/Spanish speaking volunteers!
- If you have any accessibility concerns, requests or comments please email email@example.com.
We aim to help build an anti-racist, feminist, multiracial, anti-oppressive tenant movement. This means we do not tolerate racism, homophobia, ableism, transphobia, islamophobia, classism, cis-sexism, or sexism. We also hope to continue working to make this event, and our office, as accessible as possible to everyone who is interested in being part of the fight for housing justice.
We look forward to having you join us in the fight for housing justice!
More opportunities with Tenants Together5 Reviews
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Tenants Together
474 Valencia St #156, San Francisco, CA, San Francisco, CA 94103, US
Tenants Together is a nonprofit organization dedicated to defending and advancing the rights of California tenants to safe, decent and affordable housing. As California's only statewide renters' rights organization, Tenants Together works to improve the lives of California's tenants through education, organizing and advocacy. Tenants Together seeks to galvanize a statewide movement for renters' rights.
Tenants Together advocates for California's 16 million renters.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 16, 2023
- Crisis Counseling
- Community Outreach
- Problem Solving
- People 55+
- Orientation or Training