DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Feature Article Writer for Haiti NGO
ORGANIZATION: HOPE FOR HAITIANS INC
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
4 people are interested
Use your writing, journalism, or content creation skills to transform lives of Haitian families living in extreme poverty.
Hope for Haitians seeks a talented and enthusiastic volunteer feature article writer to join our non-profit organization, which works in Haiti to improve the lives of vulnerable communities. The volunteer feature article writer will be responsible for producing high-quality, engaging content that tells the stories of the people we work with and the impact of our programs. The ideal candidate will have experience in journalism, feature writing, or content creation, and a passion for storytelling and social impact.
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar to deliver one feature article per month.
- Conduct research and interviews to gather information and develop story ideas
- Write and edit monthly feature articles, profiles, and other content for website or donor email
- Work collaboratively with our team to ensure that content aligns with our organizational messaging and goals
- Ensure that all content is accurate, well-researched, and meets editorial standards
- Meet deadlines and manage time effectively to deliver content on schedule
- Stay up to date on current events, trends, and issues related to Haiti and our work
- Experience in journalism, feature writing, or content creation
- Strong writing, editing, and research skills
- Knowledge of best practices for storytelling and content creation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Passion for social impact and improving the lives of vulnerable communities
- Experience working with non-profit organizations or in international development a plus
- Fluency in French and/or Haitian Creole a plus
- Digital image editing experience a plus
This is a part-time volunteer position, requiring a commitment of 8-10 hours per month. The volunteer feature article writer will have the opportunity to work with a passionate team of professionals and gain experience in non-profit communications and international development.
2 More opportunities with HOPE FOR HAITIANS INC
About HOPE FOR HAITIANS INC
PO BOX 5647, ROCKFORD, IL 61125, US
To provide shelter, clean water, agricultural resources, medical support, education and sustainable skills for the poorest of the poor in Haiti.
Since 2001, Hope for Haitians has worked to bring clean water, food, housing, education and medical services to Haiti, home to more than nine million people and considered to be the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere.
While helping to meet the basic needs of Haitians for housing and clean water, Hope for Haitians also creates sustainable solutions for continued self-sufficiency and provides education programs to prepare the next generation.
Since 2001, Hope for Haitians has:
+ Completed 17 village projects
+ Provided fresh water for 270,000 people
+ Built homes for 765 families
+ Housed over 4,590 people
+ Provided more than 5,000 animals for food and income
+ Ensured 1,710 students received a year of education
+ Trained local leadership councils
~ each year through the work of Hope for Haitians~
+ 1,200+ People Receive Medical Care at Fixed and Mobile Clinics
+ 6,000+ People Benefit from Chickens, Goats, Cassava Bakeries, Rice and Corn Mills, and Other Projects to Produce Food and Income
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 16, 2023
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Public Relations
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Social Media / Blogging
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- This is a part-time volunteer position, requiring a commitment of 8-10 hours per month.