VOLUNTEER FUNDRAISER- for new Girls Empowerment Program
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Yes, M.I.S.S. Inc.
The Fundraising Coordinator is an unpaid virtual volunteer position. This role will assist with fundraising efforts to increase brand awareness and ultimately grow our community of donors. The objective is to spread our message and encourage our community of supporters to make donations to Yes, M.I.S.S. Inc. Upon Executive Director approval, access may be granted to use any appropriate digital marketing outlets (website, blog, newsletter, press releases, etc.) and/or social media channels to promote active fundraising campaigns, encouraging public support.
This role directly contributes to Yes, M.I.S.S. Inc. mission to break down generational poverty one girl at a time by exposing high school girl to higher learning and earning opportunities throughout Bergen, Passaic, and Essex counties of New Jersey.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with the planning and management of Yes, M.I.S.S. Inc. year-long fundraising initiatives.
• Collaborate with staff & other volunteers on #GivingTuesday and year-end fundraising efforts.
• Work with the volunteer team to prospect and solicit major and corporate donors.
• Identify potential business partners as sponsors.
• Help increase communications with supporters and current donors.
• Assist is creating the Yes, M.I.S.S. Inc. annual fundraising plan.
• Contribute creative ideas for new fundraising opportunities.
Skills & Personal Traits
• Strong interpersonal skills, strong passion for youth development.
• Outgoing, enthusiastic and creative thinker.
• Ability to build strong relationships with new people, businesses, and organizations.
• Ability to use online tools to engage members, donors, and corporate partners.
• Detail-oriented with excellent time management skills.
• Works well independently and proactively as part of a team.
• Nonprofit fundraising and/or event planning experience.
• Clear understanding of the unique needs of nonprofit organizations.
• Micro influencer with fundraising portfolio and large social media network is an asset.
This position requires a minimum 6-month commitment for an average of 2-4 hours per week, which will be completed virtually in Fundraising Volunteer´s own office or home. Position commitment is subject to renew and extension by agreement from both parties.
Please send completed application, along with three reference and a copy of resume or CV. PLEASE NOTE: If for some reason, your position requires you to be in direct contact with minor children, a personal background check will be required. No exceptions.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8434 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Englewood, NJ 07631
February 16, 2023
- Public Advocacy
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK