Volunteer Tutoring Program Coordinator
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: STEM Montessori Academy of Canada
STEM Canada is a registered not for profit global program that specializes in an advanced, bar-none STEM-based educational curriculum that emphasizes the interconnected subject areas of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM). The STEM program is open to all students from preschool to high school with the mission to deliver top-notch STEM literacy and application, designed to teach students in the STEM fields, yielding globally competitive results.
We are seeking a highly organized and enthusiastic Tutoring Program Coordinator to help with coordination of our organization's tutoring program. As the Tutoring Program Coordinator, you will be responsible for the daily operation of the program, which includes recruiting and training tutors, matching them with students, and monitoring the progress of the program.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for the tutoring program, which includes goals, policies, and procedures for the operation of the program.
- Recruit, interview, and train tutors, and manage their assignments and schedules, ensuring that the needs of the students are met.
- Match students with appropriate tutors based on their needs and academic goals.
- Monitor the progress of the tutoring program, collecting and analyzing data, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Communicate with parents, teachers, and other stakeholders regarding the progress of the tutoring program and the individual progress of the students.
- Manage the budget and resources for the tutoring program, ensuring that it operates within financial and organizational guidelines.
- Organize and participate in meetings, events, and other activities to promote the tutoring program and recruit new students and tutors
What’s in it for you?
- Flexible remote schedule
- Volunteer hours
- Network opportunities
- Job reference letter (if required)
- On the job training and experience in the field
Start Date: As soon as possible
* This volunteer opportunity is fully remote, however, you are required to attend our virtual office during your volunteer time
STEM Canada is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome and encourage applications from all religious backgrounds, persons of color, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and others who can contribute to the diversification of our community. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This volunteer role is expected to start as the volunteer is available.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8474 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
24 Alexander StreetBrampton, ON L6V 1H6Canada
February 16, 2023