Social Media manager for a farmer-focused non-profit
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: GivingHope Foundation
Are you interested in creating an impact in Africa? Are you up for a
challenge within the field of Marketing and Communication? Are you social media savvy?
We’re looking for a talented Social Media volunteer to join our Communications team! You can be our next Social Media volunteer if you are looking to gain or already have experience in:
- Marketing and Communication for a non-profit
- SoMe Strategy and Management
- Showcasing daily life for grassroots farmers in Uganda
- Being a team player for a small non-profit
The Communications/Marketing Department: is responsible for capturing and creating content for GHF in various formats and through several channels, expressing and promoting our message outward. You will work together with other members of the organization in Uganda and Denmark to follow the progress, document the hardships, and celebrate the triumphs. You will take care of our
external communication in our social media accounts (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), and our monthly Newsletter, to increase the awareness of GHF.
We’re looking for someone who...
- Is interested in gaining experience being a part of a team of Communication and Marketing volunteers
- Currently is a Bachelor’s / Master’s student or a recent graduate
- Would like to support social innovation and sustainability in Africa
- Is able to attend the weekly meeting team meetings
- Can undertake some ad hoc tasks during the week
- Can commit a minimum of 3 months
- You can create and manage your own schedule
As our Social Media Manager, your responsibilities involve (but are not limited to):
- Help drive a multi-channel communications strategy for the Communications Team together that includes the Executive Director and the CEO
- Help to organically grow GHF’s social media reach Implement and manage social media strategy after conducting competitive research, platform determination, messaging and audience identification Plan, create, publish and share new content that builds meaningful stakeholder connections, increases GHF’s awareness and encourages community members to engage Collaborate with the Comms Team to develop social media content
- Stay up to date with the latest social media best practices and technologies
- Monitor SEO and customer engagement and suggest content optimization
- Employ strategies to increase following
- Create social media calendars
- Create content that is informative, interesting and fun!
- Expand your knowledge of general rural African life and your professional network inside and outside GHF
- Gain experience in social entrepreneurship and the nonprofit field
- Become part of creating the future of rural smallholder farmers in Uganda
- A recommendation letter from GHF for your CV and/or Linkedin if volunteered for more than 6 months
- Use GHF for your own professional and personal growth
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8340 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
February 16, 2023
- WEEKENDS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK