ORGANIZATION: JOYFUL SMILES THRU FAITH
Please visit the new page to apply.
Purpose: To perform administrative tasks for JSTF, specifically recording meeting notes and publishing meeting minutes.
Job Summary: The Secretary is the key to organization in the Chapter and requires the ability to multitask, interact and communicate well with others, and utilize digital resources to maintain records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in responding to email requests and communications from the JSTF website
- Assists in sending reminders about meetings, events, and other activities
- Prints, copies, and verifies documents as needed
- Writes and records meeting notes, attendance, and ensures all Board Members and Directors receive meeting minutes according to JSTF Bylaws
- Reads previous meeting minutes to attending members for vote approval at the start of each meeting
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Requirements: The candidate must attend three consecutive board meetings or events, in any combination, and be voted in as a general Board Member prior to nomination to this role.
Skills and Qualifications: The Secretary should have exceptional administrative skills, including:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Professionalism, confidentiality, and organization
- Computer literacy is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suites, or other related digital tools
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritize work or projects as needs
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Administration or secretary experience
- Ability to work in a high stress environment
3 More opportunities with JOYFUL SMILES THRU FAITH
About JOYFUL SMILES THRU FAITH
PO BOX 6513, TOLEDO, OH 43612, US
To improve the lives of children and their families in our community by responding to their needs during traumatic moments and providing resources for further support.
Joyful Smiles Thru Faith was founded in 2015 after Jacqueline Federico, through her own medical issues and the reflection of her childhood experiences, recognized the need to bring a smile to the faces of children suffering through difficult moments in their life.
JSTF's primary program is delivering Kare Packages to children in the community who are sick, bullied, abused, suicidal, homeless, or have lost loved ones. Our Kare Packages are designed to bring a moment of joy to children during their time of need. Each Kare Package includes: a stuffed animal, coloring book, crayons, a hand-made "Thinking of You" card, and other fun activities. To reach these children, we have partnered with numerous organizations in the community including: ProMedica's Russel Ebeid Children’s Hospital, Mercy's Nationwide Children’s Hospital and Mercy Trauma Centers, Zepf Center, Toledo Gospel Rescue Mission, La Posada, and Sunshine Communities.
3130 Executive ParkwayToledo, OH 43606
February 15, 2023
- Office Management
- Executive Admin
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
- Market Research / Analysis
- Resource Development / Management
- Must be at least 18
- This position may require up to 10 hours per month, including meetings, events, and other activities.
- Prior to nomination to this position, the candidate must attend three consecutive board meetings or events, in any combination, and be voted in as a general Board Member to determine if the person, position, and organization are a good fit.