Become a Virtual Mentor & Help Transform Lives!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: StreetWise Partners (NYC)
In America today, talent is distributed equally, while opportunity is not. Due to a history of segregation and discrimination, many communities face systemic barriers to higher paying employment. StreetWise Partners is dedicated to dismantling those barriers and closing the opportunity gap. StreetWise Partners’ goal is to leverage mentorship to increase employment opportunities for adults from overlooked and under-resourced communities within New York, Washington, D.C. and Detroit. StreetWise Partners pairs volunteers with mentees who are unemployed or underemployed to provide them with the skills, resources, and access to networks they need to secure and maintain employment.
- 13 weeks of structured meetings on topics such as: goal setting, resume and cover letters, interview prep and networking
- Meetings are 2 hours once a week (options available for Tuesdays or Wednesdays) with ongoing weekly communication.
- Mentor provides mentee with informal biweekly follow-up for 9 months after the program ends.
- Spring 2023 program begins the week of April 3rd!
Benefits of Becoming a Mentor:
- Coach an adult to professional success
- Collaborative group mentoring
- Build your resume
- Expand your network and access to 1000 volunteers through monthly virtual meet-ups, virtual socials, and other events
- Opportunity to serve on a board
- See immediate impact of your mentorship
Program Date/Location Details:
Tuesdays beginning 4/4/2023 - meet virtually from 6:30pm-8:30pm OR Wednesdays beginning 4/5/2023 - meet virtually from 6:30pm-8:30pm
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8384 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
222 Broadway19th floorNew York, NY 10038
February 15, 2023
- Human Resources Diversity
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK