Become a Hospice Volunteer!
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Alabama Hospice Care of East Alabama
What is a Hospice Volunteer?
Hospice volunteers are exceptional people. They donate their time and efforts to provide care and comfort for someone with a life-limiting illness - a labor of love that requires a special person with just the right touch. They have a passion for helping others and make a profound difference in the lives of the patients, families, and communities we are privileged to serve.
4 Reasons to Become a Hospice Volunteer
- You can make a real difference - in your own life and in the lives of others.
- You’ll be part of a community - and a team - dedicated to helping those facing life’s most difficult circumstances.
- You can enhance your personal and professional growth.
- You can choose your own schedule and participate in activities you enjoy and are passionate about.
If you have a passion for helping others and making a difference, consider becoming a hospice volunteer.
We welcome volunteers from all walks of life. Whether you contribute your time and talents directly with patients or prefer to work behind the scenes, we invite you to become a member of a dedicated group of compassionate caregivers who serve as vital members of our hospice team.
To learn more about our hospice volunteer program, find a location close to you. If you are interested in volunteering, submit an application today.Overview
The volunteer plays a vital role in enhancing the quality of care delivered to the patient and family through patient/family care activities or administrative activities that support the hospice agency's goal of quality patient/family care.
Albama Hospice Care of East Alabama, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.Responsibilities
- Provides assistance to the hospice program and/or patient/family in accordance with designated activities.
- Provides input into the Plan of care and Interdisciplinary Group meetings as applicable.
- Accurately documents services provided as trained and instructed by the hospice agency.
- Maintains strict patient confidentiality
- Communicates any changes in the patients status or observations to assigned supervisor and/or Administrator.
- Attends at least four (4) in-services per year.
- Participates in community outreach projects for the agency.
- Bereavement Volunteer: knowledge of the death and dying process; interacts with family in a caring and compassionate manner; assists with arrangements after death; assists with agency memorial services or activities; assists with community education on end-of-life issues.
- Patient Care Volunteer: records accurate, legible, timely, and objective documentation of each patient/family encounter; schedules regular visits with patient/family as designated in the Plan of Care; provides respite care for family; attends IDG for updating of Plan of Care as appropriate; communicates any changes or observations to assigned supervisor and Administrator.
- Administrative Volunteer: completes all assignments in a timely manner; paperwork is neat, thorough, and legible.
Experience: Less than 6 months
- Volunteers who provide patient care and support services according to their experience, training and education must be in compliance with agency policies and under the supervision of an agency employee.
- Experience in working with people and willing to serve others.
- Mature, non-judgmental, caring, people-oriented individual who is supportive of the hospice concept of care.
- Completes Volunteer Training Program.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8434 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
801 Noble StreetSuite 700Anniston, AL 36201
February 15, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK