Marketing Director - Board of Directors
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Compathos Foundation
If you are a marketing leader who is passionate about the arts, film, education and social innovation, we invite you to consider joining the Compathos Foundation (CF) Board of Directors (BOD) as a volunteer expert. We are seeking a marketing professional to help guide Films for the Planet’s marketing and outreach efforts. Films for the Planet is a streaming online platform providing the best in environmental and social action films on demand. Viewers gain access to the highest quality content for social impact, perpetual learning and community engagement as well as real-time events that draw upon a network of luminary filmmakers, story activators, and topical scholars.
Ideally, we are looking for a marketing leader with experience in fundraising, events, arts and education, sustainability markets, public relations and social media marketing. This is a voluntary position requiring 10-12 hours per month.
The Marketing Director will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee content management as well as formulate, implement and measure our social media strategy.
- Promotional strategies opening up new distribution channels for events and content.
- Awareness of editorial and event calendar, helping promote speaker series, webinars, online film events.
- Knowledgeable about the implementation of best marketing tools and practices to streamline activities.
- Training certifications or equivalent work experience
- Proven ability to cultivate and maintain partnerships
- Knowledge and experience with interaction on social media groups
- Strong interpersonal skills - works well in a collaborative virtual team environment
- Self-directed and proactive brings strong organizational, and project management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Demonstrated commitment to sustainability and public interest work
- Sound judgment and a positive attitude
- Hands on experience in creating content in multiple formats
- Able to commit to serve in this role on the Compathos BOD for a minimum of 2 years, with a preference of 3 year commitment.
- Prior experience working on a nonprofit board preferred but not required.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of event production, including the budgeting process. Prior virtual and/or live event experience is helpful.
- Develop, implement and manage our social media strategy to differentiate our platform, engage and inspire our communities and motivate our prospective donors
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content in multiple formats for all digital platforms
- Create and manage a content calendar that supports an always-on approach
- Define social media KPIs. Track and report on social media campaign performances
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Identify and recommend new social media platforms to engage with our target audiences and stakeholders
- Ensure brand consistency (tone, voice and terminology)
- Oversee social media interns and volunteers as needed
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8483 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
737 Salvia CourtEl Dorado Hills, CA 95762
February 14, 2023
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK