4 people are interested
Seeking Compassionate Companion Volunteers for our Santa Ana Site
ORGANIZATION: Illumination Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Seeking compassionate and friendly volunteers to make a difference in the lives of homeless individuals who are in need of companionship.
- Upon arrival check in with Illumination Foundation staff and pick up the activity bin
- Ask staff if there are particular clients who are in need of companionship
- Take initiative and interact with clients, letting them know that you are there to spend time with them
- If there is a lull in the conversation, ask the client if they would like to play a game or do one of the other activities that are in the activities bin.
- Always show compassion and treat clients with dignity and respect
- Have fun and laugh when appropriate
6 More opportunities with Illumination Foundation3 Reviews
About Illumination Foundation
1091 N Batavia St, Orange, CA 92867, US
The Illumination Foundation (IF) is a non-profit 501 (c) (3), non-denominational, grassroots organization that addresses the crisis of homelessness in Southern California through integrated services that provide appropriate solutions.
Experts on homelessness within Southern California agree that it has reached crisis proportions, and there are not enough resources designated for chronic and emergency programs. With that understanding, IF was founded in late 2007 to effectively lower the barriers for Orange County's homeless population to access existing resources and services. In July 2008 IF launched the "Pre-Transitional Housing and Wrap-Around Program", a comprehensive program that houses and supports homeless families with children in motels in Orange County. IF was established within the UC Irvine Health Care Executive MBA Program as a non-profit public charity organization. Today, IF's governing board consists of community leaders in medicine, nursing, social work, information technology, and education. Illuminate lives by bridging the gaps in existing services for the most underserved to disrupt or prevent the cycle of homelessness in Southern California.
We offer a low-entry threshold to provide a safety net for all homeless families with children.
We connect homeless or at-risk families and individuals with services they are eligible to receive.
We foster rehabilitation by empowering adults to become self-sufficient; and inspiring children to grow into independent, productive adults.
1815 Carnegie AvenueSanta Ana, CA 92705
February 13, 2023
- People Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- This is a part-time, unpaid position. Must be able to commit to 4 to 8 hours per week during standard business hours. Minimum length of commitment is six months or one semester.
- Must be comfortable interacting with homeless individuals and be willing to demonstrate a commitment to Illumination Foundation's mission and core values.