Team & Individual Development Chair- Atlanta
ORGANIZATION: Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
Please visit the new page to apply.
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network - PurpleStride - Teams & Individual Development Chair
PurpleStride is the walk to end pancreatic cancer and is among the largest sources of funding for PanCAN while raising awareness and creating a community among those affected by this disease. The Team & Individual Development Chair plays a critical role in the success of PurpleStride through team & individual engagement and retention.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- * Recruit and manage team & individual development committee members.
- * Works with committee to provide overall customer service and hospitality for team captains and high performing individuals year-round keeping them informed and showing your appreciation.
- * Build strong rapport with team captains and top individuals through personalized outreach including phone calls and meetings.
- * Lead the planning and execution of a team kickoff event in collaboration with the PurpleStride Chair and your team and individual development committee.
- * Focus on new team recruitment prior to team kick off to engage them with the team captain community.
- Coach and mentor teams with a focus on fundraising
- Work with other planning committee chairs to identify needs for event day activities. For example:
- Volunteer needs for teams area
- Rental and giveaway needs for teams area and Grand Club members
- Communicate effectively around team benefits, Grand Club, deadlines and event day details.
- * Ensure top teams receive all team benefits
- * Team captain and Grand Club member appreciation year-round.
- * Collect and share inspiring team and individual stories with the Communications Chair.
- * Connect the dots on potential opportunities stemming from teams and individuals including volunteering, patient central referrals, sponsorship referrals, potential high-level donors, etc.
- * Strong leader, communicator and motivator
- * A friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor
- * Excellent organizational skills
- * Strong written and verbal communication
- * Knowledge of community
- * Strong time management
- * Conflict management and resolution
- * Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network’s mission
57 More opportunities with Pancreatic Cancer Action Network1 Review
About Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
1500 Rosecrans Aveneue, Suite 200, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, US
Our mission is to take bold action to improve the lives of everyone impacted by pancreatic cancer by advancing scientific research, building community, sharing knowledge and advocating for patients.
PanCAN was the first organization dedicated to fighting pancreatic cancer in a comprehensive way, and for more than two decades, we’ve grown a nationwide movement tackling the disease from all angles.
- Research: We fund transformative research - everything from early detection to innovative new treatment approaches.
- Patient Services: We provide information about treatment options, diet and nutrition, support resources and more, and we can answer all your questions along the way.
- Advocacy: We work with thousands of grassroots advocates to urge Congress to increase federal research funding for pancreatic cancer, and we get results.
- Community: Be part of our movement! You can volunteer locally, participate in a PurpleStride community event or host your own fundraiser.
1660 Johnson Road NorthwestAtlanta, GA 30318
February 13, 2023
- Event Management
- Event Planning / Management
- Case Work / Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Resource Development / Management
- Must be at least 18