2 people are interested
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network- Affiliate Chair - Atlanta
ORGANIZATION: Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
Pancreatic Cancer Action Network - Affiliate Chair
The Affiliate Chair (AC) recruits and leads the local volunteer leadership team. In collaboration with their staff partner, the AC motivates and guides the volunteer leaders to achieve goals impacting national priorities and ensuring the affiliate is operating as a productive and cohesive team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- -In collaboration with staff partner, recruit affiliate leadership volunteers and manage their efforts.
- -Maintain the overall health of the affiliate, creating a consistently productive and welcoming environment.
- -Facilitate regular leadership team meetings and necessary affiliate gatherings.
- -Manage interpersonal conflict and resolution within the affiliate.
- -Track and manage progress against the affiliate's goals, strategies, and budget.
- -Strategically communicate affiliate updates and activities utilizing local volunteer database through newsletters and emails.
- -Work with affiliate leadership volunteers to build committees under the PurpleStride Chair, Communications Chair, and Mission Chair.
- -Ensure leadership volunteers are properly trained and adequately prepared to train their committee.
- -Serve as affiliate spokesperson.
- -Serve as primary liaison between the National Office and local community.
- -Strong leader, communicator, and motivator.
- -Friendly, positive, solution-oriented, professional demeanor.
- -Excellent organizational skills.
- -Strong written and verbal communication.
- -Experience facilitating meetings and/ or trainings.
- -Engaging presenter and public speaker.
- -Knowledge of community.
- -Strong time management.
- -Conflict management and resolution.
- -Commitment to Pancreatic Cancer Action Network's mission.
57 More opportunities with Pancreatic Cancer Action Network1 Review
About Pancreatic Cancer Action Network
1500 Rosecrans Aveneue, Suite 200, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266, US
Our mission is to take bold action to improve the lives of everyone impacted by pancreatic cancer by advancing scientific research, building community, sharing knowledge and advocating for patients.
PanCAN was the first organization dedicated to fighting pancreatic cancer in a comprehensive way, and for more than two decades, we’ve grown a nationwide movement tackling the disease from all angles.
- Research: We fund transformative research - everything from early detection to innovative new treatment approaches.
- Patient Services: We provide information about treatment options, diet and nutrition, support resources and more, and we can answer all your questions along the way.
- Advocacy: We work with thousands of grassroots advocates to urge Congress to increase federal research funding for pancreatic cancer, and we get results.
- Community: Be part of our movement! You can volunteer locally, participate in a PurpleStride community event or host your own fundraiser.
1660 Johnson Road NorthwestAtlanta, GA 30318
February 13, 2023
- Community Outreach
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6-8 hours per month