4 people are interested
Grant Writer for Emerging Nonprofit for HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS
ORGANIZATION: Yes, M.I.S.S. Inc.
Please visit the new page to apply.
4 people are interested
Yes, M.I.S.S. Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that serves high school girls from Bergen, Passaic, and Essex counties in New Jersey. Our mission is to expose under-resourced and low income students to higher opportunities through college tours, company/trade visits, and personal development workshops. We are looking for a Volunteer Grant Writer to join our team and expand our programming.
A successful grant is the result of a combination of thorough research, an excellent proposal, and a well-matched funding source. The preliminary proposal research is thorough and covers every detail of the project from start to finish.
The Volunteer Grant Writer will research prospective funders and find an organization that would be interested in the project type. The proposal is tailored to each funding organization prior to submission. The Grant Writer follows all of the funding agency’s writing guidelines when creating the proposal and submitting the proposal application by the deadline.
This position requires someone who has excellent research, writing, and communication skills, is self-motivated, reliable, organized, thorough and timely.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Provide support to the Executive Director for meetings with donors.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Coordinate and follow-up on the progress of submitted proposals
- Lead proposal generation process and response to RFPs, Pre-Qualification, Bidding and formal presentations.
- Develop materials showing progress of programs for donor updates and ongoing communications.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Write and maintain correspondence including concept notes, proposals, reports, and introductions.
- Degree or Certificate in creative writing or related field.
- Knowledge in research and grant writing; nonprofit experience a plus. Preferred but not required.
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies. Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized.
- Clear, precise and compelling writing skills.
- Motivated self starter with the ability to work independently with purpose and accuracy in a fast-paced environment.
- High proficiency in all areas of Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
More opportunities with Yes, M.I.S.S. Inc.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Yes, M.I.S.S. Inc.
PO BOX 5294, ENGLEWOOD, NJ 07631, US
Yes, M.I.S.S. is on a mission to break down generational poverty one participant at a time by introducing high school girls from under-resourced communities to higher education and high-earning careers through a series of college and company tours, personal development workshops, and mentorship.
Motivate - Encourage high school girls to reach their full potential through building social, academic, and cognitive competence.
Innovate : Spark creative thinking and implementation by exposing high school girls to life changing experiences.
Support : Caring for the young woman’s entire well-being as she journeys through high school.
Succeed : To acknowledge every setback and celebration as a step closer to success.
For the year of 2023, our goal is to expand our program and reach 25 9th-10th graders, attend 4 college tours, and conduct 4 company visits.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
February 17, 2023
- Youth Services
- Reading / Writing
- Grant Writing / Research
- Must be at least 25
- Orientation or Training
- 6 months-1 year
- Must attend meetings with Board of Directors and Executive Director