Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Young STEAMers
Young STEAMers is a nonprofit organization that offers a unique STEAM enrichment program. It includes a variety of activities, events, and engagements with STEAM outside the curriculum and the traditional classroom setting. Our dream is to bring this program for FREE to every young child from at-risk, underserved, and underprivileged families. Our passionate instructors not only teach but are also role models that help kids realize their dreams and maximize their potential.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Fundraising Volunteer for Spring 2023. This position will provide an advanced undergraduate/graduate student with the opportunity to experience the day-to-day fundraising operations of 501(c)(3) nonprofit that supports child welfare and humanitarian aid.
To support our goals we hold fundraising. The Fundraising volunteer will assist with donor cultivation/outreach and fundraising efforts including the planning and execution of smaller, targeted donor cultivation events, and provide support to Young STEAMers' year-round fundraising efforts.
- Research new social media outlets that could benefit outreach
- Seek opportunities to table and present at community events
- Research grant opportunities
- Utilize social media metrics to inform new content/strategy
- Support with electronic newsletters and printed communications
- Create compelling communications in a storytelling format using video, photos, and other visual tools
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience (e.g. nonprofit, fundraising, marketing, social media management, communications, etc.) - paid or volunteer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, very strong organizational, administrative, and interpersonal skills
- Event planning and/or fundraising experience or equivalent course work
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Google Drive, Donor databases)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with individuals and teams
- Able to dedicate about 2-4 hours/week in the next 4 months
This volunteer opportunity is well-suited for an individual interested in pursuing a career in nonprofit administration, event planning and/or fundraising.
The successful candidate could be offered a part time job at the end of the volunteer period.
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8323 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
39116 Fremont HubFremont, CA 94538
February 11, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_WEEK