Member of the Board of Directors
Please visit the new page to apply.
Recruiting Organization: Our Saviour's Community Services
POSITION: Member of the Board of Directors (Expertise in the following areas especially sought but not required: Finance, Legal, Culture Building, Marketing/Branding)
WHO ARE WE?
Our Saviour’s Community Services (OSCS) walks with people in the community in the heart of Phillips, one of the most diverse neighborhoods in South Minneapolis. We provide dignified shelter and housing for single adults and education for adult English language learners through our two programs - Our Saviour’s Housing and the English Learning Center.
73% of our participants are BIPOC, and 60% of our 40 staff members are BIPOC. Historically, our board composition has lagged behind the diversity of our staff and participants in several dimensions, including racial diversity. Our Board is actively working to examine and address contributors to our current makeup, which does not adequately represent the staff or community we serve in all forms of diversity. We welcome candidates for the Board who are dedicated to this work.
WHO ARE YOU?
We are seeking members for our governing Board of Directors. Your characteristics include the following:
- A passion and commitment to engage in diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging work on a personal, organizational, and systemic level.
- Financial acumen to perform fiduciary oversight for OSCS: balancing the need for feasibility with a focus on equitable financial decision-making. Financial expertise is not required, but a willingness to grow financial literacy and commit to the organization's financial health is.
- A willingness to think critically, creatively, and strategically on a big-picture level.
- Interest in joining a vibrant group of committed volunteers and looking for the opportunity to gain skills in strategic planning, financial oversight, and governance.
We seek candidates with the following:
- Diverse identities and perspectives. We serve a community diverse in age, country of origin, cultural background, educational background, financial background, gender identity, language, race, and religion. We seek to create a board that reflects multiple identities and experiences.
- Expertise gained through living in the community or in a relevant and needed area such as adult education/ESL, engagement/marketing, fundraising, governance, government, healthcare management, housing, human resources, legal expertise, leadership experience, and non-profit finance.
- A willingness to donate financially to OSCS to the extent possible for you.
- Time (2-4 hrs/month). The board meets every other month for 2 hours, with committee work and other monthly meetings.
Visit www.oscs-mn.org to learn more. If you are interested, please complete an APPLICATION. A complete application includes an application, resume, and letter of interest.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Language/Cultral Support AvailableFalse
Fee Amount: None
This opportunity is recurring
8342 More opportunities with Idealist.org
389 5th Ave, 9th Floor, New York, NY 11109, US
To bridge the gap between intention and action in order to bring about social impact.
Idealist is a leading online global resource for finding jobs in the nonprofit sector, as well as volunteer opportunities and graduate school programs for social impact.
Minneapolis, MN 55404
February 11, 2023
- WEEKDAYS, FEW_HOURS_MONTH