Chugiak AK - Work with International Exchange Students
ORGANIZATION: Greenheart Exchange
Please visit the new page to apply.
Become a Local Coordinator today, change the world for tomorrow!
Local Coordinators (LCs) are Independent Contractors who place international exchange students with volunteer American host families and assist them throughout the year.
- Visit our website to start your application: www.placewithgreenheart.org
Greenheart is a 501c3 Non-Profit that connects people and planet through environmentalism, fair trade, social transformation and cross cultural understanding. At the heart of our organization are Local Coordinators! Local Coordinators (LCs) match foreign exchange high school students with volunteer American host families and assist them throughout the school year. If you’d like to learn more about being a Local Coordinator with Greenheart, apply to this posting and we’ll give you a call to answer your questions and discuss next steps to complete an application. What Greenheart Has To Offer
- Supportive Team Environment!! (We're people people!)
- Initial and Ongoing Training
- Travel Incentives! (International Conferences - recent conferences were in Greece, Spain, and Argentina!)
- Generous Monitoring and Placement $tipends
- Great at Networking
- Enjoy Mentoring Youth
- Likes learning about other cultures
- Have a desire to make a difference in their community/world, one student/host family at a time
- Network with community members who share similar interests with our students
- Matching potential hosts with students
- Assist host with the application process (prior to student arrival)
- Partner with local schools
- Conducting Host Pre-arrival Orientations with hosts
- Conducting Host Student Orientations with students
- Coordinate Volunteer Activities
- Monitor Students monthly through the school year (contact via phone/email/in-person)
- LCs have the opportunity for domestic and international travel to annual conferences
- Be a Mentor/Friend to some of the greatest kids you'll ever meet
- Home/Office - Internet Access
- Pass a Background Check (no felony on record)
- Pass DOS LC Certification Test (Greenheart provides training)
- Be a minimum 26 years of age
- Must live in the United States
164 More opportunities with Greenheart Exchange
About Greenheart Exchange
742 LaSalle Drive, c/o Tara Jasinski, Regional Director, Chicago, IL 60654, US
Mission and Vision: Since 1985, Greenheart International has been a catalyst for global transformation through the facilitation of cultural exchange programs, eco-fair trade purchasing, personal development opportunities, volunteer service initiatives, and environmental advocacy projects. Our mission of connecting people and planet to create global leaders drives all that we do in each of our branches: Greenheart Travel, Greenheart Shop, Greenheart Transforms, and Greenheart Exchange. Greenheart International is endorsed by the City of Chicago for the promotion of international education, environmental awareness, and citizen diplomacy. With an ardent commitment to sustainable practices, a steadfast dedication to expanding worldviews, and an abiding passion for planetary change, we are guided by our vision of a united and flourishing global family. Branches Greenheart's four branches focus on cultural exchange, fair trade and social transformation.
Greenheart Exchange is a division of the nonprofit, Greenheart International.
We are a designated sponsor of the U.S. Department of State for the following J-1 Exchange Visitor Programs:
- Secondary School (High School Program)
- Intern and Trainee
- Summer Work Travel
Greenheart Exchange is a branch of Greenheart International, a nonprofit that connects people and planet to create global leaders through personal development, volunteer service, environmentalism, fair trade, and cultural exchange.
Multiple locations Chugiak, AK 99567
February 10, 2023
- People 55+